1 800 222 6872

Glass Harmonica - Beethoven, Mozart, Donizetti, Apell, et al

Album Summary

>Schulz, Johann Abraham Peter : Largo for glass harmonica in C minor
>Holt Sombach, Johann Julius Sontag von : Adagio, for glass harmonica & string quartet (from Fantaisie Concertante)
>Reichardt, Johann Friedrich : Rondo for glass harmonica, string quartet & double-bass in B flat
>Naumann, Johann Gottlieb : Sonata for glass harmonica (or piano) no 3
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Adagio and Rondo for Glass Harmonica, Flute, Oboe, Viola and Cello in C minor, K 617
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Leonore Prohaska, WoO 96
>Röllig, Karl Leopold : Kleine Tonstucke, for glass harmonica
>Apell, David August von : Il trionfo della musica, cantata
>Holt Sombach, Johann Julius Sontag von : 1ere Suite for glass harmonica
>Donizetti, Gaetano : Lucia di Lammermoor
>Bloch, Thomas : Sancta Maria, for voice, keyboards and tape
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

The first glass instrument played with wet fingers was invented in 1743 by an Irishman, Richard Puckeridge, but it was Benjamin Franklin who went on to invent a variant of it, the glass harmonica, which produced similar sounds but could be mechanically controlled. The instrument aroused passionate responses during its hey-day, and many composers of the late eighteenth century composed music for the instrument, the most famous being Mozart and Beethoven.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Schulz, Johann Abraham Peter : Largo for glass harmonica in C minor
  • Performer: Thomas Bloch (Ondes Martenot)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1799

>Holt Sombach, Johann Julius Sontag von : Adagio, for glass harmonica & string quartet (from Fantaisie Concertante)
  • Performer: Thomas Bloch (Ondes Martenot)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: after 1996

>Reichardt, Johann Friedrich : Rondo for glass harmonica, string quartet & double-bass in B flat
  • Performers: Marc Marder (Double Bass); Thomas Bloch (Ondes Martenot)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Chamber Music

>Naumann, Johann Gottlieb : Sonata for glass harmonica (or piano) no 3
  • Performer: Thomas Bloch (Ondes Martenot)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1786

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Adagio and Rondo for Glass Harmonica, Flute, Oboe, Viola and Cello in C minor, K 617
  • Performer: Thomas Bloch (Ondes Martenot)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1791

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Adagio and Rondo for Glass Harmonica, Flute, Oboe, Viola and Cello in C minor, K 617
  • Performers: Philippe Bernold (Flute); Maurice Bourgue (Oboe); Jean Sulem (Viola); Xavier Gagnepain (Cello); Thomas Bloch (Ondes Martenot)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1791

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Leonore Prohaska, WoO 96 :: Melodram for glass harmonica & voice
  • Performer: Thomas Bloch (Ondes Martenot)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1815

>Karl Leopold Röllig (1710 - 1804) : Kleine Tonstücke, for glass harmonica
  • Performer: Thomas Bloch (Ondes Martenot)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1789

>Apell, David August von : Il trionfo della musica, cantata :: Terzetto, Adagio (no 9)
  • Performers: Christine Icart (Harp); Damien Top (Tenor); Thomas Bloch (Ondes Martenot)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1787

>Holt Sombach, Johann Julius Sontag von : 1ère Suite for glass harmonica
  • Performer: Thomas Bloch (Ondes Martenot)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: after 1996

>Donizetti, Gaetano : Lucia di Lammermoor :: Il dolce suono...ardon gli incensi
  • Performers: Ettore Borri (Piano); Montserrat Sanromà (Glass Armonica); Thomas Bloch (Ondes Martenot)
  • Running Time: 15 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1835

>Holt Sombach, Johann Julius Sontag von : 1ère Suite for glass harmonica
  • Performer: Thomas Bloch (Ondes Martenot)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: after 1996

>Bloch, Thomas : Sancta Maria, for voice, keyboards and tape
  • Performer: Thomas Bloch (Keyboards)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 1998