Bortnyansky: Sacred Concertos Vol 6 / Polyansky, et al

> Sacred Concerto No. 1, "I will praise thee" - I. I will praise thee with my whole heart —
> Sacred Concerto No. 1, "I will praise thee" - II. I will worship toward thy holy temple —
> Sacred Concerto No. 1, "I will praise thee" - III. Yea, they shall sing in the ways of the Lord
> Sacred Concerto No. 2, "Praise ye the Lord" - I. Praise ye the Lord —
> Sacred Concerto No. 2, "Praise ye the Lord" - II. From the rising of the sun —
> Sacred Concerto No. 2, "Praise ye the Lord" - III. His praise shall endure forevermore
> Sacred Concerto No. 3, "Come and behold the works of God" - I. Come and behold the works of God —
> Sacred Concerto No. 3, "Come and behold the works of God" - II. He will break their bows' —
> Sacred Concerto No. 3, "Come and behold the works of God" - III. Free yourselves —
> Sacred Concerto No. 3, "Come and behold the works of God" - IV. The Lord of strength is with us
> Sacred Concerto No. 4, "Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord?" - I. Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? —
> Sacred Concerto No. 4, "Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord?" - II. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord —
> Sacred Concerto No. 4, "Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord?" - III. Lift up your head —
> Sacred Concerto No. 4, "Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord?" - IV. Who is this king of Glory?
> Sacred Concerto No. 5, "The heavens declare the glory of God" - I. The heavens declare the glory of God —
> Sacred Concerto No. 5, "The heavens declare the glory of God" - II. In them hath he set a tabernacle —
> Sacred Concerto No. 5, "The heavens declare the glory of God" - III. The law of the Lord is perfect —
> Sacred Concerto No. 5, "The heavens declare the glory of God" - IV. Let the words of my mouth
> Sacred Concerto No. 6, "What God is greater?" - I. What God is greater? —
> Sacred Concerto No. 6, "What God is greater?" - II. He has subdued his people —
> Sacred Concerto No. 6, "What God is greater?" - III. He who has glorified
> Sacred Concerto No. 7, "Glory to God in the highest" - I. Glory to God in the highest —
> Sacred Concerto No. 7, "Glory to God in the highest" - II. Heed our prayer —
> Sacred Concerto No. 7, "Glory to God in the highest" - III. For thou alone art holy
> Sacred Concerto No. 8, "Ye people, sing a song" - Sacred Concerto No. 8, "Ye people, sing a song"
> Sacred Concerto No. 9, "Praise ye the Lord' - Sacred Concerto No. 9, "Praise ye the Lord"
> Sacred Concerto No. 10, "My heart is fortified" - I. My heart is fortified in the Lord —
> Sacred Concerto No. 10, "My heart is fortified" - II. There is none more holy than our Lord —
> Sacred Concerto No. 10, "My heart is fortified" - III. His judgement extends

Album Summary

>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 1 ("I will praise Thee") (Ispovemsya tebe, Hospodi)
>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 2 ("Praise ye the Lord") (Khavalite, otrotsi)
>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 3 ("Come and behold the works of God") (Priidite i vidite dela
>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 4 ("Who shall ascend intot he hill of the Lord?") (Kto vzidet n
>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 5 ("The heavens declare the glory of God") (Nebesa povedayut' s
>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 6 ("What God is greater") (Kto Boh veliy, yako Boh nash)
>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 7 ("Glory to God in the highest") (Slava v vishinikh Bohu)
>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 8 ("Ye people, sing a song") (Vospoite, lyudiye, boholepno v Si
>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 9 ("Priase ye the Lord") (Se ninye blahoslovite Hospoda)
>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 10 ("My heart is fortified") (Utverdisya serdtse moye o Hospode
Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"As always, Bortnyansky delights in the contrasting of textures and dynamics in a spontaneous way that very frequently recalls a composer such as Handel. The joyous antiphonal writing to be found in many of the works on this recording reinforce this impression, and the style is meat and drink to Polyansky's singers... Without a doubt this is another triumph in a series that has definitively rehabilitated the much-maligned Bortnyansky in Western eyes." -Gramophone



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 1 ("I will praise Thee") (Ispovemsya tebe, Hospodi)
  • Period Time: Classical

>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 2 ("Praise ye the Lord") (Khavalite, otrotsï)
  • Period Time: Classical

>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 3 ("Come and behold the works of God") (Priidite i vidite dela
  • Period Time: Classical

>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 4 ("Who shall ascend intot he hill of the Lord?") (Kto vzïdet n
  • Period Time: Classical

>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 5 ("The heavens declare the glory of God") (Nebesa povedayut' s
  • Period Time: Classical

>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 6 ("What God is greater") (Kto Boh veliy, yako Boh nash)
  • Period Time: Classical

>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 7 ("Glory to God in the highest") (Slava v vïshinikh Bohu)
  • Period Time: Classical

>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 8 ("Ye people, sing a song") (Vospoite, lyudiye, boholepno v Si
  • Period Time: Classical

>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 9 ("Priase ye the Lord") (Se nïnye blahoslovite Hospoda)
  • Period Time: Classical

>Bortnyansky, Dimitry : Sacred Concerto for double choir no 10 ("My heart is fortified") (Utverdisya serdtse moye o Hospode
  • Period Time: Classical