- Hermann Prey (Voice)
- Liane Synek (Soprano)
- Hetty Plumacher (Voice)
- Hans Franzen (Bass)
- Leonore Kirschstein (Soprano)
- Harald Meister (Spoken Vocals)
Notes & Reviews:
Heinrich Marschner was the most important German Romantic opera composer between Weber and Wagner, and in fact Wagner derived many of his ideas, including the use of leitmotiven, from Marschner. In "Hans Heiling', Marschner's dramatic masterpiece, a dwarf who rules an underground kingdom travels to the Upper World of Earth to woo a human maiden. Sound familiar? Live performance, Koln, 1966
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMarschner, Heinrich August : Hans Heiling, opera, Op. 80
- Performers: Hermann Prey (Voice); Liane Synek (Soprano); Hetty Plumacher (Voice); Hans Franzen (Bass); Leonore Kirschstein (Soprano); Harald Meister (Spoken Vocals)
- Conductor: Joseph Keilberth
- Ensemble: Cologne State Opera Chorus
- Notes: Composition written: 1831-32.
- Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1831-1832