Notes & Reviews:
Benjamin Zander's signature combination of passion and impeccable musicianship has inspired music critics around the world to describe his three previous Mahler offerings as "searing," "definitive," and "uniquely illuminating." Now he brings the haunting Sixth in a 3-CD set that includes a bonus discussion disc, where Zander elucidates the score movement by movement and then discusses the composer's various revisions.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMahler, Gustav : Symphony no 6 in A minor "Tragic"
- Conductor: Benjamin Zander
- Ensemble: Philharmonia Orchestra
- Notes: Watford Colosseum, Watford, Hertfordshire, England (05/22/2001-05/25/2001)
- Running Time: 118 min. 12 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1903-1904
Zander, Benjamin : Benjamin Zander Discusses Mahler's Symphony no 6 ("Tragic") (Discussion)
- Running Time: 23 min. 52 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary