- Nelson Taylor (Baritone)
- Jenny Hill (Soprano)
- Milla Andrew (Voice)
- Alexander Oliver (Tenor)
- George MacPherson (Baritone)
- Bernard Dickerson (Tenor)
- Laura Sarti (Strings)
Notes & Reviews:
Massenet's 13th opera, the story of a sculptor's model and her insatiable love for a younger man, was not unlucky; it had an enthusiastic reception in 1897 and continued to be popular for years. Like many Romantic operas, it faded from view after World War I, but has been successfully revived in recent years.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Opera Explained - An Introduction to Bellini: La sonnambula
Meyerbeer: Roberto il Diavolo / Sanzogno, Christoff, et al
Hummel: Missa Solemnis, etc / Grodd, et al
Rheinberger: Organ Concertos / Rowe, Skevington, et al
Stanford: Complete Symphonies Vol 1 / Lloyd-Jones, et al
Massenet: Manon / Maag, Freni, Pavarotti, et al
Stanford: Stabat Mater, etc / Hickox, BBC Philharmonic
Works DetailsMassenet, Jules : Sapho, lyric piece in 5 acts (2 versions)
- Performers: Nelson Taylor (Baritone); Jenny Hill (Soprano); Milla Andrew (Voice); Alexander Oliver (Tenor); George MacPherson (Baritone); Bernard Dickerson (Tenor); Laura Sarti (Strings)
- Conductor: Bernard Keefe
- Ensemble: BBC Symphony Orchestra
- Running Time: 1 min. 31 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta