- Rubinstein — Symphony No. 4 in D minor, Op. 95, "Dramatic": I. Lento - Allegro moderato
- Rubinstein — Symphony No. 4 in D minor, Op. 95, "Dramatic": II. Presto
- Rubinstein — Symphony No. 4 in D minor, Op. 95, "Dramatic": III. Adagio $0.99 on iTunes
- Rubinstein — Symphony No. 4 in D minor, Op. 95, "Dramatic": IV. Largo - Allegro con fuoco
Notes & Reviews:
The "'Dramatic' Symphony", the fourth of Rubinstein's six symphonies, was composed in 1874. Scored for an orchestra similar in size to that used by Mendelssohn, the symphony is rich in both its motifs and its orchestration. It certainly lives up to its titles, from the slow, ominous introduction to the angular, fiery fourth movement.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Rubinstein: Symphonies Vol 2 / Gunzenhauser, Slovak PO
Rubinstein: Symphonies Vol 1 / Stankovsky, Slovak State PO
Rubinstein: Symphony no 3, etc / Stankovsky, Slovak Radio SO
Anton Rubinstein: Symphony No. 5; Dmitry Donskoy, overture; Faust, Op. 68 / George Enescu PO
American Classics - Harris: Symphonies no 7 & 9 / Kuchar
Glazunov: Symphony no 6, "The Forest" Fantasy / Anissimov
Orchestral Works Vol 14 - Glazunov: Piano Concertos 1 & 2
Respighi: Suite in E major, etc / Adriano, Slovak Radio SO
Rubinstein: Violin Concerto; Cui / Nishizaki, Halász, et al
Works DetailsRubinstein, Anton : Symphony no 4 in D minor ("Dramatic"), Op. 95
- Conductor: Robert Stankovsky
- Ensemble: Slovak State Philharmonic Orchestra, Kosice
- Notes: House of Arts, Kosice, Slovakia (03/25/1990-03/31/1990)
- Running Time: 65 min. 2 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1874