1 800 222 6872

Haydn: Sturm und Drang Symphonies / Pinnock, English Concert

Album Summary

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 35 in B flat major, H. 1/35
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 38 in C major, H. 1/38
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 39 in G minor ("The Fist"), H. 1/39
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 59 in A major, H 1 no 59 "Fire"
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 26 in D minor ("Lamentatione"), H. 1/26
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Trio for Piano, Violin and Cello in G major, H 15 no 25
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 58 in F major, H. 1/58
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 41 in C major, H. 1/41
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 48 in C major ("Maria Theresia"), H. 1/48
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 65 in A major, H 1 no 65
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 43 in E flat major ("Mercury"), H. 1/43
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 51 in B flat major, H. 1/51
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 52 in C minor, H. 1/52
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 42 in D major, H 1 no 42
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 44 in E minor ("Trauer" /"Funeral"/"Letter E"), H. 1/44
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 46 in B major, H. 1/46
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 45 in F sharp minor, H 1 no 45 "Farewell"
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 47 in G major ("The Palindrome"/"Letter L"), H. 1/47
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 50 in C major, H. 1/50
Performer Conductor Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"Haydn's famous "Farewell Symphony," given a vibrant and characterful performance with a very beautiful slow movement." -The Penguin Guide



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 35 in B flat major, H. 1/35
  • Performer: Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Running Time: 17 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 12/01/1767

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 38 in C major, H. 1/38
  • Performer: Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Running Time: 17 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: ?1768

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 39 in G minor ("The Fist"), H. 1/39
  • Performer: Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Running Time: 17 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: ?1765

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 59 in A major, H 1 no 59 "Fire"
  • Performer: Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Running Time: 16 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: ?1768

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 26 in D minor ("Lamentatione"), H. 1/26
  • Performer: Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Notes: Composition written: ?1768.
  • Running Time: 13 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: ?1768

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Trio for Piano, Violin and Cello in G major, H 15 no 25
  • Performer: Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Notes: Composition written: 1768.
  • Running Time: 20 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1768

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 58 in F major, H. 1/58
  • Performer: Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Running Time: 15 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: ?1767

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 41 in C major, H. 1/41
  • Performer: Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Running Time: 18 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: ?1768

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 48 in C major ("Maria Theresia"), H. 1/48
  • Performer: Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Notes: Composition written: ?1769.
  • Running Time: 22 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: ?1769

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 65 in A major, H 1 no 65
  • Performer: Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Running Time: 16 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: ?1769-72

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 43 in E flat major ("Mercury"), H. 1/43
  • Performer: Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Notes: Composition written: 1772.
  • Running Time: 23 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1772

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 51 in B flat major, H. 1/51
  • Performer: Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Running Time: 20 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1774

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 52 in C minor, H. 1/52
  • Performer: Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Running Time: 19 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: ?1772

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 42 in D major, H 1 no 42
  • Performer: Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Running Time: 23 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1771

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 44 in E minor ("Trauer" /"Funeral"/"Letter E"), H. 1/44
  • Performer: Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Notes: Composition written: By 1772.
  • Running Time: 20 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: by 1772

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 46 in B major, H. 1/46
  • Performer: Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Running Time: 16 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1772

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 45 in F sharp minor, H 1 no 45 "Farewell"
  • Performer: Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Notes: Composition written: 1772.
  • Running Time: 24 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1772

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 47 in G major ("The Palindrome"/"Letter L"), H. 1/47
  • Performer: Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Notes: Composition written: 1772.
  • Running Time: 18 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1772

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 50 in C major, H. 1/50
  • Performer: Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Running Time: 17 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1773