1 800 222 6872

Scriabin: Complete Piano Sonatas / Michael Ponti

Album Summary

>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata-fantasie for piano in G sharp minor, WoO 6
>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano in E flat minor, WoO 19
>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 1 in F minor, Op. 6
>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 2 in G sharp minor, Op. 19 "Sonata fantasy"
>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 3 in F sharp minor ("Etats d'âme"), Op. 23
>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 5 in F sharp major, Op. 53
>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 4 in F sharp major, Op. 30
>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 6, Op. 62
>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 7 in F sharp major, Op. 64 "White Mass"
>Scriabin, Alexander : Etudes (3) for piano, Op. 65
>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 8, Op. 66
>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 9 in F major, Op. 68 "Black Mass"
>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 10, Op. 70
>Scriabin, Alexander : Poèmes (2) for piano, Op. 71
>Scriabin, Alexander : Vers la flamme, poème for piano, Op. 72
>Scriabin, Alexander : Dances (2) for piano, Op. 73
>Scriabin, Alexander : Preludes (5) for piano, Op. 74
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"I have always admired Ponti's superb playing. [However] these Scriabin discs make that opinion seem grossly inadequate, for his marvelous playing of this difficult repertoire is bracing. Ponti's timings are faster than Hamelin's by quite a margin. His playing of the large-scale Third Sonata even rivals Horowitz's classic recorded performance of it. Ponti's readings are quite dazzling and certainly worthy of an enthusiastic recommendation." - Mulbury, ARG



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata-fantasie for piano in G sharp minor, WoO 6
  • Performer: Michael Ponti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1886

>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano in E flat minor, WoO 19
  • Performer: Michael Ponti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 15 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1887-1889

>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 1 in F minor, Op. 6
  • Performer: Michael Ponti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 2 in G sharp minor, Op. 19 "Sonata fantasy"
  • Performer: Michael Ponti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892-1897

>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 3 in F sharp minor ("Etats d'âme"), Op. 23
  • Performer: Michael Ponti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1897

>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 5 in F sharp major, Op. 53
  • Performer: Michael Ponti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1907

>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 4 in F sharp major, Op. 30
  • Performer: Michael Ponti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1903

>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 6, Op. 62
  • Performer: Michael Ponti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1911-1912

>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 7 in F sharp major, Op. 64 "White Mass"
  • Performer: Michael Ponti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1911-1912

>Scriabin, Alexander : Etudes (3) for piano, Op. 65
  • Performer: Michael Ponti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1912

>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 8, Op. 66
  • Performer: Michael Ponti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 10 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1912-1913

>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 9 in F major, Op. 68 "Black Mass"
  • Performer: Michael Ponti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1912-1913

>Scriabin, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 10, Op. 70
  • Performer: Michael Ponti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1912-1913

>Scriabin, Alexander : Poèmes (2) for piano, Op. 71
  • Performer: Michael Ponti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1914

>Scriabin, Alexander : Vers la flamme, poème for piano, Op. 72
  • Performer: Michael Ponti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1914

>Scriabin, Alexander : Dances (2) for piano, Op. 73
  • Performer: Michael Ponti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1914

>Scriabin, Alexander : Preludes (5) for piano, Op. 74
  • Performer: Michael Ponti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1914