1 800 222 6872

D. Scarlatti: Complete Keyboard Sonatas Vol 5 / Benjamin Frith

Album Summary

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 461/L 8
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F major, K 82/L 30
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in B flat major, K 266/L 48
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G major, K 284/L 90
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in E flat major, K 507/L 48
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 214/L 165
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 404/L 222
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G major, K 124/L 232
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 536/L 236
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G major, K 494/L 287
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for keyboard in G minor, K. 546 (L. 312)
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 113/L 345
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in B minor, K 227/L 347
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 26/L 368
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for keyboard in C major, K. 548 (L. 404)
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C minor, K 37/L 406
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Domenico Scarlatti is particularly distinguished for his remarkable keyboard sonatas, of which some 555 are known. This significant addition to early 18th century keyboard repertoire was written for performance on the various keyboard instruments of the Spanish court, where Scarlatti was employed for many years. In all their variety the sonatas have long provided a valuable repertoire for pianists.

"... Benjamin Frith plays... on the modern descendant of the early piano of the Spanish court, distilling the essence of harpsichord techniques. He transports the spirit of the music to the new medium, with sparkling articulation, layered rather than gradual dynamic contrasts, and clean, unaccented ornaments..." -1001 Classical Recordings



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 461/L 8
  • Performer: Benjamin Frith (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk, England (11/03/1999/11/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F major, K 82/L 30
  • Performer: Benjamin Frith (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk, England (11/03/1999/11/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in B flat major, K 266/L 48
  • Performer: Benjamin Frith (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk, England (11/03/1999/11/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G major, K 284/L 90
  • Performer: Benjamin Frith (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk, England (11/03/1999/11/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in E flat major, K 507/L 48
  • Performer: Benjamin Frith (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk, England (11/03/1999/11/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 214/L 165
  • Performer: Benjamin Frith (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk, England (11/03/1999/11/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 404/L 222
  • Performer: Benjamin Frith (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk, England (11/03/1999/11/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G major, K 124/L 232
  • Performer: Benjamin Frith (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk, England (11/03/1999/11/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 536/L 236
  • Performer: Benjamin Frith (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk, England (11/03/1999/11/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G major, K 494/L 287
  • Performer: Benjamin Frith (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk, England (11/03/1999/11/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for keyboard in G minor, K. 546 (L. 312)
  • Performer: Benjamin Frith (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk, England (11/03/1999/11/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 113/L 345
  • Performer: Benjamin Frith (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk, England (11/03/1999/11/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in B minor, K 227/L 347
  • Performer: Benjamin Frith (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk, England (11/03/1999/11/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 26/L 368
  • Performer: Benjamin Frith (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk, England (11/03/1999/11/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for keyboard in C major, K. 548 (L. 404)
  • Performer: Benjamin Frith (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk, England (11/03/1999/11/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C minor, K 37/L 406
  • Performer: Benjamin Frith (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk, England (11/03/1999/11/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque