Melodrama - Russian Romantic Music for Trombone & Piano

Album Summary

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : The Snow Maiden, incidental music, Op. 12
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Iolanta, Op. 69
>Le, Alexei Konstantinovich : Concert Allegro, for tuba
>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : I am unhappy (Mne grustno), song for voice & piano, Op. 41/2
>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Where thou art, my thought files to thee (Gde ti), song for voice & piano, Op. 8/1
>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Silence descends on the golden cornfields (Na nivi zheltiye niskhodit tishina), song for voice & pia
>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : I love the moon (Lyublyu tebya), song for voice & piano, Op. 41/3
>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Preludes (24) for Piano, Op. 34
>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Prelude for piano in D minor, Op. 34/24
>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Romances (6) to verses by English poets, for bass & piano, Op. 62 (orchestrated as Op62a)
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : None but the Lonely Heart, Op. 6, no 6
>Le, Alexei Konstantinovich : Concerto no 2, for tuba & piano
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : He took all from me, song for voice & piano, Op. 26/2
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Lied (Romance), for cello & piano in F minor, TN ii/32
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Songs (6), Op. 4
>Prokofiev, Sergei : Melodies (5) for Violin and Piano, Op. 35bis
>Mussorgsky, Modest : Songs and dances of death
>Le, Alexei Konstantinovich : Concerto in one movement, for tuba & piano
Performers Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : The Snow Maiden, incidental music, Op. 12 :: Melodrama
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1873

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Iolanta, Op. 69 :: Arioso of King René
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1891

>Le, Alexei Konstantinovich : Concert Allegro, for tuba
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1949

>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : I am unhappy (Mne grustno), song for voice & piano, Op. 41/2
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1897

>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Where thou art, my thought files to thee (Gde tï), song for voice & piano, Op. 8/1
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1870

>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Silence descends on the golden cornfields (Na nivï zheltïye niskhodit tishina), song for voice & pia
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1897

>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : I love the moon (Lyublyu tebya), song for voice & piano, Op. 41/3
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1897

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Preludes (24) for Piano, Op. 34
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1932-33.
  • Running Time: 1 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1932-1933

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Preludes (24) for Piano, Op. 34
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1932-33.
  • Running Time: 1 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1932-1933

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Preludes (24) for Piano, Op. 34
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1932-33.
  • Running Time: 1 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1932-1933

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Prelude for piano in D minor, Op. 34/24
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1932-33.
  • Running Time: 1 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1932-1933

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Romances (6) to verses by English poets, for bass & piano, Op. 62 (orchestrated as Op62a) :: Sonnet 66
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1942

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : None but the Lonely Heart, Op. 6, no 6
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1869

>Le, Alexei Konstantinovich : Concerto no 2, for tuba & piano
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1986

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : He took all from me, song for voice & piano, Op. 26/2
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1906

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Lied (Romance), for cello & piano in F minor, TN ii/32
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1890

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Songs (6), Op. 4
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1890-1893

>Prokofiev, Sergei : Melodies (5) for Violin and Piano, Op. 35bis
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1925

>Mussorgsky, Modest : Songs and dances of death
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1875

>Le, Alexei Konstantinovich : Concerto in one movement, for tuba & piano
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1947

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : The Snow Maiden, incidental music, Op. 12 :: Melodrama
  • Performers: Kathryn Goodson (Piano); Randall Hawes (Bass Trombone)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1873