1 800 222 6872

Beethoven - Greatest Hits

Audio Samples

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
>     Allegro con brio
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight"
>     Adagio sostenuto
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Bagatelle for piano in A minor ("Für Elise"), WoO 59
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Minuets (6) for piano (or orchestra), WoO 10
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Violin in D major, Op. 61
>     Rondo. Allegro
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 5 "Emperor"
>     Adagio un poco mosso
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for piano no 8 in C minor, Op. 13 "Pathetique"
>     Adagio cantabile
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Septet in E flat major, Op. 20
>     Tempo di Menuetto
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Ruins of Athens, Op. 113
>     Turkish March
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
>     Allegretto
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
>     Choral Finale ("Ode to Joy") (excerpt)

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Bagatelle for piano in A minor ("Für Elise"), WoO 59
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Minuets (6) for piano (or orchestra), WoO 10
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Violin in D major, Op. 61
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 5 "Emperor"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for piano no 8 in C minor, Op. 13 "Pathetique"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Septet in E flat major, Op. 20
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Ruins of Athens, Op. 113
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composer
Notes & Reviews:

This selection contains both DDD and ADD recordings.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67 :: Allegro con brio
  • Conductor: Vladimir Ashkenazy
  • Ensemble: Philharmonia Orchestra
  • Running Time: 8 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight" :: Adagio sostenuto
  • Performer: Emil Gilels (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Bagatelle for piano in A minor ("Für Elise"), WoO 59
  • Performer: Anatol Ugorski (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1810

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Minuets (6) for piano (or orchestra), WoO 10
  • Ensemble: I Musici
  • Running Time: 2 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1795

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Violin in D major, Op. 61 :: Rondo. Allegro
  • Performer: Shlomo Mintz (Violin)
  • Conductor: Giuseppe Sinopoli
  • Ensemble: Philharmonia Orchestra
  • Running Time: 10 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1806

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 5 "Emperor" :: Adagio un poco mosso
  • Performer: Vladimir Ashkenazy (Piano)
  • Conductor: Vladimir Ashkenazy
  • Ensemble: Cleveland Orchestra
  • Running Time: 7 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1809

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for piano no 8 in C minor, Op. 13 "Pathetique" :: Adagio cantabile
  • Performer: Vladimir Ashkenazy (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1797-1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Septet in E flat major, Op. 20 :: Tempo di Menuetto
  • Ensemble: Berlin Philharmonic Octet
  • Running Time: 3 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1799-1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Ruins of Athens, Op. 113 :: Turkish March
  • Conductor: Bernhard Klee
  • Ensemble: Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 1811.
  • Running Time: 1 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1811

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92 :: Allegretto
  • Conductor: Sir Solti
  • Ensemble: Chicago Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 8 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral" :: Choral Finale ("Ode to Joy") (excerpt)
  • Performers: Yvonne Minton; Martti Talvela (Bass); Stuart Burrows (Tenor); Pilar Lorengar
  • Conductor: Sir Solti
  • Ensemble: Chicago Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 18 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1824