- Ferdinand Frantz (Bass Baritone)
- Julius Patzak (Tenor)
- Hans Hotter (Voice)
- Franz Klarwein (Tenor)
- Georg Wieter (Bass)
- Katja Sabo (Mezzo Soprano)
- Kathe Nentwig (Voice)
Notes & Reviews:
A "forgotten composer" today to the general public, Hans Pfitzner (1869-1949) composed one opera considered a great work by many connoisseurs: Palestrina, based on the life of the Renaissance composer Pfitzner most admired. It has had few recordings, and this definitive performance with great singers of the era has never been available at budget price before. Live performance, 1951.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsPfitzner, Hans : Palestrina
- Performers: Ferdinand Frantz (Bass Baritone); Julius Patzak (Tenor); Hans Hotter (Voice); Franz Klarwein (Tenor); Georg Wieter (Bass); Katja Sabo (Mezzo Soprano); Kathe Nentwig (Voice)
- Conductor: Robert Heger
- Ensemble: Bavarian State Opera Orchestra
- Notes: Composition written: 1911-15.
- Running Time: 5 min. 45 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1911-1915