- Ferdinand Frantz (Bass Baritone)
- Katja Sabo (Mezzo Soprano)
- Hans Hotter (Voice)
- Franz Klarwein (Tenor)
- Kathe Nentwig (Voice)
- Julius Patzak (Tenor)
- Georg Wieter (Bass)
Notes & Reviews:
A "forgotten composer" today to the general public, Hans Pfitzner (1869-1949) composed one opera considered a great work by many connoisseurs: Palestrina, based on the life of the Renaissance composer Pfitzner most admired. It has had few recordings, and this definitive performance with great singers of the era has never been available at budget price before. Live performance, 1951.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsPfitzner, Hans : Palestrina
- Performers: Ferdinand Frantz (Bass Baritone); Katja Sabo (Mezzo Soprano); Hans Hotter (Voice); Franz Klarwein (Tenor); Kathe Nentwig (Voice); Julius Patzak (Tenor); Georg Wieter (Bass)
- Conductor: Robert Heger
- Ensemble: Bavarian State Opera Orchestra
- Notes: Composition written: 1911-15.
- Running Time: 5 min. 45 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1911-1915