Notes & Reviews:
"Lortzing is best known for his theatrical works - nearly two dozen operas, most of them descendants of the comic, 'singspiel' tradition. This setting of the Ascension of Jesus is his only sacred work. Much of the solo writing is technically challenging, but all of the soloists are very fine. The Cologne Radio Choir does very well with Lortzing's high-spirited choruses. The music is altogether very pleasant, but I had to keep reminding myself that this was not operetta." - ARG
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsLortzing, Albert : Die Himmelfahrt Jesu Christi, oratorio for soloists, chorus & orchestra
- Performers: Christian Hilz (Baritone); Kay Stiefermann (Bass); Anneli Pfeffer (Soprano); Bernard Schneider (Voice)
- Conductor: Helmuth Froschauer
- Ensemble: Cologne West German Radio Chorus
- Notes: Klaus-von-Bismarck-Saal (WDR Köln) (05/05/1998-05/09/1998)
- Running Time: 3 min. 16 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic