- Mario Machi (Baritone)
- Mario Rinaudo (Bass)
- Giorgio Lamberti (Tenor)
- Bianca Casoni (Mezzo Soprano)
- Renato Bruson (Baritone)
- Montserrat Caballé (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
Little known today, mainly because almost no sopranos other than Mme. Caballe can sing it, "Gemma di Vergy" was for some years in the 19th century the most popular opera by Donizetti, produced more often than "Lucia", "Don Pasquale" and "L'elisir d'amore". This great recording is of the first revival of the opera in almost 75 years; a release of great interest for all Donizetti and/or Caballe fans. Live performance, Naples, December 12, 1975.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsDonizetti, Gaetano : Gemma di Vergy
- Performers: Mario Machi (Baritone); Mario Rinaudo (Bass); Giorgio Lamberti (Tenor); Bianca Casoni (Mezzo Soprano); Renato Bruson (Baritone); Montserrat Caballé (Soprano)
- Conductor: Armando Gatto
- Ensemble: Naples Teatro San Carlo Chorus
- Running Time: 7 min. 43 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1834