- William Blankenship (Tenor)
- Gerd Feldhoff (Baritone)
- Leo Heppe (Bass)
- Thomas Stewart
- Evelyn Lear (Soprano)
- Kurt Equiluz (Tenor)
- Lucia Popp
Notes & Reviews:
Today everbody knows Kurt Weill's "Threepenny Opera," but the work which really established this style of classical-jazz stage work was Krenek's "Jonny Spielt Auf" (Johnny Strikes Up the Band) of one year earlier. If you like Weill, you will like this jaunty, hilarious tale.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsKrenek, Ernst [Composer] : Jonny spielt auf, opera, Op. 45
- Performers: William Blankenship (Tenor); Gerd Feldhoff (Baritone); Leo Heppe (Bass); Thomas Stewart; Evelyn Lear (Soprano); Kurt Equiluz (Tenor); Lucia Popp
- Conductor: Heinrich Hollreiser
- Ensemble: Vienna State Orchestra
- Running Time: 5 min. 32 sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1925-1926