Notes & Reviews:
In the composer's first work, 'Le Villi', the tale of broken lovers' promises and ghostly apparitions offers a pretext for several superb numbers for orchestra and chorus, and above all for an astounding tenor aria, the longest Puccini ever wrote, magnificently performed here by the young Venezuelan Aquiles Machado.
Note: This title is rare and is considered a collector’s item. It is priced according to its common market value. If the record label that it is on goes on sale, it will also be reduced in price.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsPuccini, Giacomo : Le Villi
- Performers: Guy Comentale (Violin); Melanie Diener (Soprano); Aquiles Machado (Tenor); Ludovic Tezier (Baritone)
- Conductor: Marco Guidarini
- Ensemble: ORTF Philharmonic Orchestra
- Running Time: 2 min. 41 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1884