- Clive Bayley (Bass)
- Ryland Davies (Tenor)
- Rebecca Evans (Soprano)
- Bruce Ford (Tenor)
- Nicolai Gedda
- Diana Montague (Mezzo Soprano)
- Susan Patterson (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
David Parry's conducting has been consistently praised throughout this series, as much for its dramatic pacing as for its elegance and style. 'There's an intensity to the performance that propels it along: the first-night audience was so gripped that you hardly knew it was there...' - Daily Telegraph
Bruce Ford's distinctive tenor is powerfully expressive...The cast of women is outstanding...The vivid Chandos recording brings excellent balances between voices and orchestra, with words admirably clear. Mozart's score has never sounded fresher.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Idomeneo
- Performers: Clive Bayley (Bass); Ryland Davies (Tenor); Rebecca Evans (Soprano); Bruce Ford (Tenor); Nicolai Gedda; Diana Montague (Mezzo Soprano); Susan Patterson (Soprano)
- Conductor: David Parry
- Notes: Leeds Town Hall, Leeds, Yorkshire, England (06/23/2003-06/27/2003)
- Running Time: 56 min. 15 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1781