1 800 222 6872

Beethoven, Mozart, Smetana / Smetana Quartet

You may experience problems playing the sound clips on this page. We are aware of this problem and are working on it.
> String Quartet No. 1 in F major, Op. 18, No. 1 - I. Allegro con brio
> String Quartet No. 1 in F major, Op. 18, No. 1 - II. Adagio affettuoso ed appassionato
> String Quartet No. 1 in F major, Op. 18, No. 1 - III. Scherzo: Allegro molto
> String Quartet No. 1 in F major, Op. 18, No. 1 - IV. Allegro
> String Quartet No. 20 in D major, K. 499, "Hoffmeister" - I. Allegretto
> String Quartet No. 20 in D major, K. 499, "Hoffmeister" - II. Menuetto: Allegretto
> String Quartet No. 20 in D major, K. 499, "Hoffmeister" - III. Adagio
> String Quartet No. 20 in D major, K. 499, "Hoffmeister" - IV. Allegro
> String Quartet No. 1 in E minor, "From my life" - I. Allegro vivo - Appassionato
> String Quartet No. 1 in E minor, "From my life" - II. Allegro moderato alla polka
> String Quartet No. 1 in E minor, "From my life" - III. Largo sostenuto
> String Quartet No. 1 in E minor, "From my life" - IV. Vivace

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 1 in F major, Op. 18/1
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Quartet for Strings no 20 in D major, K 499 "Hoffmeister"
>Smetana, Bedrich : Quartet for Strings no 1 in E minor ("Z meho, zivota," "From My Life"), JB 1
Composers

Notes & Reviews:

The Smetana Quartet was unique because instead of using music stands, they learned their repertoire by heart and played from memory which allowed them to get inside the music and play closer together as one. They were also the first Czech group to be acclaimed as much as in the Viennese classics as in Slavonic repertoire so here we have a combination of Mozart, Beethoven and Smetana, their calling card.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 1 in F major, Op. 18/1
  • Notes: Composition written: 1798-1800.
  • Running Time: 27 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1798-1800

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Quartet for Strings no 20 in D major, K 499 "Hoffmeister"
  • Running Time: 22 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1786

>Smetana, Bedrich : Quartet for Strings no 1 in E minor ("Z mého, zivota," "From My Life"), JB 1 :: 105
  • Running Time: 26 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1876