1 800 222 6872

The Art of Julius Katchen Vol 4 - Liszt, Grieg, etc/ Argenta

Album Summary

>Liszt, Franz : Concerto for Piano no 1 in E flat major, S 124
>Liszt, Franz : Concerto for Piano no 2 in A major, S 125
>Grieg, Edvard : Concerto for Piano in A minor, Op. 16
>Mussorgsky, Modest : Pictures at an Exhibition (Kartinki s vïstavski), for piano
>Liszt, Franz : Der Tanz in der Dorfschenke, S 514 "Mephisto Waltz no 1"
>Liszt, Franz : Work(s)
>Liszt, Franz : Hungarian Rhapsody, for violin & piano no 12 in C sharp minor, S. 379a
>Balakirev, Mily : Oriental Fantasy for Piano, Op. 18 "Islamey"
Performer Conductors Ensemble
  • >
Composers

Notes & Reviews:

"By any standards these are commanding performances [of the Liszt Concertos]... Katchen's almost unbelievable technique is well demonstrated in Balakirev's Islamey." - Penguin Guide



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Liszt, Franz : Concerto for Piano no 1 in E flat major, S 124
  • Performer: Julius Katchen (Piano)
  • Conductor: Ataúlfo Argenta
  • Running Time: 18 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1835-1856

>Liszt, Franz : Concerto for Piano no 2 in A major, S 125
  • Performer: Julius Katchen (Piano)
  • Conductor: Ataúlfo Argenta
  • Running Time: 19 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1839

>Grieg, Edvard : Concerto for Piano in A minor, Op. 16
  • Performer: Julius Katchen (Piano)
  • Conductor: István Kertész
  • Running Time: 27 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1868

>Mussorgsky, Modest : Pictures at an Exhibition (Kartinki s vïstavski), for piano
  • Performer: Julius Katchen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 29 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1874

>Liszt, Franz : Der Tanz in der Dorfschenke, S 514 "Mephisto Waltz no 1"
  • Performer: Julius Katchen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1859-1862

>Liszt, Franz : Work(s) :: [Unspecified] Harmonies poétiques et religieuses
  • Performer: Julius Katchen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1824-1886

>Liszt, Franz : Hungarian Rhapsody, for violin & piano no 12 in C sharp minor, S. 379a
  • Performer: Julius Katchen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1850s

>Balakirev, Mily : Oriental Fantasy for Piano, Op. 18 "Islamey"
  • Performer: Julius Katchen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1869