- Seven — Seven - A Suite for Orchestra: Spring Tide
- Seven — Seven - A Suite for Orchestra: Black Down $0.99 on iTunes
- Seven — Seven - A Suite for Orchestra: The Gateway $0.99 on iTunes
- Seven — Seven - A Suite for Orchestra: The Ram $0.99 on iTunes
- Seven — Seven - A Suite for Orchestra: Earthlight $0.99 on iTunes
- Seven — Seven - A Suite for Orchestra: Neap Tide $0.99 on iTunes
- Seven — Seven - A Suite for Orchestra: The Spirit of Gravity
Notes & Reviews:
Famous for his role as keyboard player in the progressive rock band Genesis, Tony Banks has always been fascinated by the idea of writing orchestral music. Throughout the seven movements Banks creates intense orchestral sound pictures. The calm serenity which characterizes the main themes of the separate movements is often contrasted with uncomfortable stormy turbulence, the overall result being a scenic overview of orchestral colours and timbres.Notes & Reviews:
Personnel: Tony Banks (piano).
Recording information: Air Studios, Lyndhurst, NJ (07/03/2002-07/09/2002); The Farm Studio (07/03/2002-07/09/2002).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Spanish Classics - Isasi: Symphony no 2, etc / Mena, et al
American Classics - Symphonies 4, 20, 53 / Brion, et al
Hummel: Piano Concerto, etc / Shelley, et al
Spanish Classics - Blancafort: Piano Music Vol 2 / Villalba
Myslivecek: Symphonies / Bamert, London Mozart Players
Gaubert: Complete Works for Flute Vol 1 / Fenwick Smith
The Grand Passions of Albert W. Ketèlbey / Godwin, et al
American Classics - McKay: Violin Concerto, etc
Ernesto Nazareth: Tangos, Waltzes and Polkas / Iara Behs
Works DetailsBanks, Tony : Seven, A Suite for Orchestra
- Performers: Tony Banks (Piano); Mike Dixon; The London Philharmonic Orchestra
- Conductor: Michael Dixon
- Ensemble: London Philharmonic Orchestra
- Running Time: 56 min. 14 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary