- Kenneth Heath (Cello)
- Carmel Kaine (Violin)
- Malcolm Latchem (Violin)
- Andrew Davis [Conductor/Organ] (Organ)
- Christopher Hogwood (Harpsichord)
- Stephen Shingles (Viola)
Notes & Reviews:
Originally recorded for Philips Classics in 1974, this performance captures the Academy at their early peak. Their crisp, polished performance style influenced younger generations of musicians and music-lovers. Note, for example, that two young, up-and-coming conductors play the keyboard parts here: Andrew Davis and Christopher Hogwood.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Bach: Die Kunst der Fuge / Savall, Hespèrion XX
Bach: The Art of the Fugue / Emerson String Quartet
Bach: The Art of Fugue, Musical Offering / Neville Marriner
Bach: The Art of Fugue / Helmut Walcha
The Many Musics of Gidon Kremer
American Classics - Diamond: Symphony no 1, etc / Schwarz
Glazunov: Orchestral Works Vol 15 / Anissimov, Moscow SO
Works DetailsBach, Johann Sebastian : Art of the Fugue, BWV 1080
- Performers: Kenneth Heath (Cello); Carmel Kaine (Violin); Malcolm Latchem (Violin); Andrew Davis [Conductor/Organ] (Organ); Christopher Hogwood (Harpsichord); Stephen Shingles (Viola)
- Conductor: Sir Marriner
- Ensemble: Academy of St. Martin in the Fields
- Running Time: 76 min. 18 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque
- Written: by 1742