Notes & Reviews:
'Letter to Warsaw' is the extraordinary musical setting of one woman's intimate first-hand account of life in the grip of the Holocaust. American composer Thomas Pasatieri created this powerful song cycle in 2003, setting six texts by poet/cabaret artist Pola Braun. Braun wrote these texts while in the Warsaw ghetto and in the Majdanek concentration camp, where she perished in 1943.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
American Classics - Rochberg: Symphony no 5, etc /Lyndon-Gee
American Classics - Russell: Rhapsody, Middle Earth, etc
Kirchner: Complete String Quartets / Orion String Quartet
American Classics - A Continuum Portrait Vol 5 - Nancarrow
American Classics - Hickey: Left at the Fork in the Road
Redline Tango / Lynch, University of Kansas Wind Ensemble
American Classics - Milken Archive - Celebration of Israel
Music of Harry Hewitt / David Oberg, National Polish RSO
American Classics - Rorem: Flute Concerto, etc / Serebrier
Works DetailsPasatieri, Thomas : Letter to Warsaw, soprano & ensemble
- Performers: Mina Miller (Piano); Jane Eaglen (Soprano)
- Conductor: Gerard Schwarz
- Ensemble: Music of Remembrance
- Notes: Illsley Ball Nordstrom Recital Hall, Benaroya Hall, Seattle, WA (12/10/2003/12/11/2003)
- Running Time: 68 min. 26 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Written: 2004