Notes & Reviews:
"Here is an invaluable survey of one of the great Russian film scores, and one that many proudly stand beside the Stromberg series for Marco Polo as indispensable to any film music collection." - Haller, American Record GuideNotes & Reviews:
This lush remastering of Shostakovich's HAMLET offers a joyous celebration of music for the ears. Conceived as a soundtrack to the film of the same name, this work originates in the early 1960s. Havind had praise lavised on it over the years, the soundtrack has become highly regarded in its own right, and is presented here in a format that is befeting of its stature.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsShostakovich, Dmitri : Hamlet, film score, Op. 116 (unrelated to incidental music)
- Performers: Russian Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra; Dmitry Yablonsky (Cello)
- Conductor: Dmitry Yablonsky
- Ensemble: Russian Philharmonic Orchestra
- Notes: Composition written: 1963-64.
- Running Time: 58 min. 52 sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Form: Film Score
- Written: 1963-1964
- Studio/Live: Studio