1 800 222 6872

Janácek: Chamber Music, Orchestral Works/Chailly, Mackerras

Album Summary

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : On the Overgrown Path (Po zarostlém chodnícku), for piano, JW 8/17
>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Theme and variations for piano in B flat major ("Zdenciny variace," "Zdenka Variations"), JW 8/6
>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : In the mists (V Mlhách), pieces (4) for piano, JW 8/22
>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Vzpomínka (Reminiscence), for piano, JW 8/32
>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Quartet for Strings no 1 ("Kreutzer Sonata"), JW 7/8
>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Quartet for Strings no 2 ("Listy duverné," "Intimate Letters"), JW 7/13
>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Sonata for violin & piano, JW 7/7
>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Dumka, for violin & piano, JW 7/4
>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Romance, for violin & piano in E major, JW 7/3
>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Mládí (Youth), suite for wind sextet, JW 7/10
>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Capriccio for piano (left hand), flute & brass ensemble ("Vzdor," "Defiance"), JW 7/12
>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Concertino for piano, 2 violins, viola, clarinet, horn & bassoon, JW 7/11
>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Pohádka (Fairy Tale), for cello & piano ("The Story of Tsar Berendyey"), JW 7/5
>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Presto for cello & piano, JW 7/6
>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Sinfonietta for orchestra ("Military," "Sokol Festival"), JW 6/18
>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Taras Bulba, rhapsody for orchestra, JW 6/15
>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Lachian (Lasské) Dances (6) for orchestra, JW 6/17
>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Suite for string orchestra, JW 6/2
>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Ríkadla (Nursery Rhymes) (18) for 9 voices & 10 instruments, JW 5/17
>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Mass (Msa glagolskaja) for soloists, double chorus, orchestra & organ ("Glagolitic Mass"), JW 3/9
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composer

Notes & Reviews:

To celebrate the 150th anniversary of Janacek's birth this Decca Collector Edition brings together most of the composer's chamber works and solo pieces plus his most popular orchestral works and the magnificent Glagolitic Mass in a superb digital recording with Chailly and the Vienna PO. The recordings of the solo works and chamber pieces feature one of the world's most distinguished ensembles: David Atherton and the London Sinfonietta.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : On the Overgrown Path (Po zarostlém chodnícku), for piano, JW 8/17
  • Performer: Paul Crossley (Piano)
  • Running Time: 42 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1900-1911

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Theme and variations for piano in B flat major ("Zdenciny variace," "Zdenka Variations"), JW 8/6
  • Performer: Paul Crossley (Piano)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1880

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : In the mists (V Mlhách), pieces (4) for piano, JW 8/22
  • Performer: Paul Crossley (Piano)
  • Running Time: 15 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: by 04/21/1912

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Vzpomínka (Reminiscence), for piano, JW 8/32
  • Performer: Paul Crossley (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1928

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Quartet for Strings no 1 ("Kreutzer Sonata"), JW 7/8
  • Running Time: 18 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1923

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Quartet for Strings no 2 ("Listy duverné," "Intimate Letters"), JW 7/13
  • Running Time: 25 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1928

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Sonata for violin & piano, JW 7/7
  • Performers: Kenneth Sillito (Violin); Paul Crossley (Piano)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1914-1915

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Dumka, for violin & piano, JW 7/4
  • Performers: Paul Crossley (Piano); Kenneth Sillito (Violin)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: ?1879-80

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Romance, for violin & piano in E major, JW 7/3
  • Performers: Paul Crossley (Piano); Kenneth Sillito (Violin)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1879

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Mládí (Youth), suite for wind sextet, JW 7/10
  • Performers: Sebastian Bell (Piccolo); Martin Gatt (Bassoon); Antony Pay (Clarinet); Michael Harris (Clarinet); Janet Craxton (Oboe); Phillip Eastop (Horn); Sebastian Bell (Flute)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1924

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Capriccio for piano (left hand), flute & brass ensemble ("Vzdor," "Defiance"), JW 7/12
  • Performers: Peter Harvey (Trombone); Sebastian Bell (Flute); Sebastian Bell (Piccolo); Paul Crossley (Piano); Philip Jones [Trumpet/Conductor] (Trumpet); John Iveson (Trombone); Eric Crees (Trombone); James Watson (Trumpet); David Purser (Tenor Tuba)
  • Conductor: David Atherton
  • Running Time: 21 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1926

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Concertino for piano, 2 violins, viola, clarinet, horn & bassoon, JW 7/11
  • Performers: Antony Pay (Clarinet); Phillip Eastop (Horn); Nona Liddell (Violin); Joan Atherton (Violin); Paul Crossley (Piano); Donald McVay (Viola); Brian Wightman (Bassoon)
  • Conductor: David Atherton
  • Running Time: 17 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1925

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Pohádka (Fairy Tale), for cello & piano ("The Story of Tsar Berendyey"), JW 7/5
  • Performers: Paul Crossley (Piano); Christopher Kampen (Cello)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1910

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Presto for cello & piano, JW 7/6
  • Performers: Paul Crossley (Piano); Christopher Kampen (Cello)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: ?1910-24

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Sinfonietta for orchestra ("Military," "Sokol Festival"), JW 6/18
  • Conductor: Charles Mackerras
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 24 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1926

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Taras Bulba, rhapsody for orchestra, JW 6/15
  • Conductor: Charles Mackerras
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 23 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1915-1918

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Lachian (Lasské) Dances (6) for orchestra, JW 6/17
  • Conductor: François Huybrechts
  • Running Time: 21 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1924

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Suite for string orchestra, JW 6/2
  • Conductor: Sir Marriner
  • Ensemble: Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
  • Running Time: 18 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1877

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Ríkadla (Nursery Rhymes) (18) for 9 voices & 10 instruments, JW 5/17
  • Performers: Brian Burrowes; Sebastian Bell (Flute); Martin Gatt (Bassoon); John Constable (Piano); Sebastian Bell (Ocarina); Judith Pearce (Flute); Robin McGee (Double Bass); Julian Farrell (Clarinet); Julian Farrell (E Flat Clarinet); Judith Pearce (Piccolo); Gregory Knowles (Percussion); Wendy Philips (Bassoon); Wendy Philips (Contrabassoon); Antony Pay (Clarinet); Antony Pay (E Flat Clarinet)
  • Conductor: David Atherton
  • Running Time: 15 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1925-1926

>Janácek, Leos [Composer] : Mass (Msa glagolskaja) for soloists, double chorus, orchestra & organ ("Glagolitic Mass"), JW 3/9
  • Performers: Eva Uvbanová; Thomas Trotter (Organ); Vladimir Bogachev; Richard Novak (Voice); Marta Benackova (Voice)
  • Conductor: Riccardo Chailly
  • Ensemble: Slovak Philharmonic Choir
  • Running Time: 39 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1926-1927