1 800 222 6872

Haydn: The London Symphonies / Georg Solti, LPO

Album Summary

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 93 in D major, H 1 no 93
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 94 in G major, H 1 no 94 "Surprise"
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 101 in D major, H 1 no 101 "Clock"
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 95 in C minor, H 1 no 95
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 96 in D major, H 1 no 96 "Miracle"
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 90 in C major, H 1 no 90
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 97 in C major, H. 1/97
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 98 in B flat major, H 1 no 98
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 103 in E flat major, H 1 no 103 "Drumroll"
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 100 in G major ("Military") H. 1/100
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 102 in B flat major, H 1 no 102
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 104 in D major, H 1 no 104 "London"
Conductor Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Over a ten-year period from 1981-91 Sir Georg Solti recorded the 'London' Symphonies of Haydn. He perfectly captures the sparkle and wit of much of this music and these recordings have met with enthusiastic critical response: They have not been available for several years now and make a welcome return and offer exceptional value now as a collector box.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 93 in D major, H 1 no 93
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: London Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 1791.
  • Running Time: 23 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1791

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 94 in G major, H 1 no 94 "Surprise"
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: London Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 22 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1791

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 101 in D major, H 1 no 101 "Clock"
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: London Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 28 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1793-1794

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 95 in C minor, H 1 no 95
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: London Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 1791.
  • Running Time: 20 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1791

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 96 in D major, H 1 no 96 "Miracle"
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: London Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 22 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1791

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 90 in C major, H 1 no 90
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: London Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 1793.
  • Running Time: 28 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1793

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 97 in C major, H. 1/97
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: London Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 1792.
  • Running Time: 23 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1792

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 98 in B flat major, H 1 no 98
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: London Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 1792.
  • Running Time: 25 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1792

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 103 in E flat major, H 1 no 103 "Drumroll"
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: London Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 27 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1795

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 100 in G major ("Military") H. 1/100
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: London Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 24 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1793-1794

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 102 in B flat major, H 1 no 102
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: London Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 1794.
  • Running Time: 26 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1794

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 104 in D major, H 1 no 104 "London"
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: London Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 27 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1795