1 800 222 6872

American Classics - Amy Beach: Songs / Kelton, Bringerud

Album Summary

>Beach, Amy : The Rainy Day, song for voice & piano (juvenilia)
>Beach, Amy : Ariette, for voice & piano, Op. 1/4
>Beach, Amy : When Far from Her, song for voice & piano, Op. 2/2
>Beach, Amy : Empress of Night, song for voice & piano, Op. 2/3
>Beach, Amy : Le Secret, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/2
>Beach, Amy : Ecstasy, song for voice & piano with violin obbligato, Op. 19/2
>Beach, Amy : Within Thy Heart, song for voice & piano, Op. 29/1
>Beach, Amy : Sleep, Little Darling, song for voice & piano, Op. 29/3
>Beach, Amy : Nachts (Nights), song for voice & piano, Op. 35/1
>Beach, Amy : Forgotten, song for voice & piano, Op. 41/3
>Beach, Amy : Dearie, song for voice & piano (Burns Songs no 1), Op. 43/1
>Beach, Amy : Far Awa', song for voice (or 2 sopranos) & piano (Burns Songs no 4), Op. 43/4
>Beach, Amy : The Year's at the Spring, song for voice & piano (Robert Browning Songs no 1), Op. 44/1
>Beach, Amy : Ah, Love, But a Day, song for voice & piano (Robert Browning Songs no 2), Op. 44/2
>Beach, Amy : I Send My Heart Up to Thee, song for voice & piano (Robert Browning Songs no 3), Op. 44/3
>Beach, Amy : Come, Ah Come, song for voice & piano, Op. 48/1
>Beach, Amy : Canzonetta, for voice & piano, Op. 48/4
>Beach, Amy : Ich sagete nicht (Silent Love), song for voice & piano, Op. 51/1
>Beach, Amy : Wir Drei (We Three), song for voice & piano, Op. 51/2
>Beach, Amy : Juni (June), song for voice & piano, Op. 51/3
>Beach, Amy : Je demande a l'oiseau (For My Love), song for voice & piano, Op. 51/4
>Beach, Amy : Go Not Too Far, song for voice & piano, Op. 56/2
>Beach, Amy : Shena Van, song for voice & piano (also with violin obbligato), Op. 56/4
>Beach, Amy : Baby, song for voice & piano (Mother Songs no 1), Op. 69/1
>Beach, Amy : Hush, Baby Dear, song for voice & piano (Mother Songs no 2), Op. 69/2
>Beach, Amy : A Prelude, song for voice & piano, Op. 71/1
>Beach, Amy : O Sweet Content, song for voice & piano, Op. 71/2
>Beach, Amy : Ein altes Gebet (An Old Prayer), song for voice & piano, Op. 72/1
>Beach, Amy : Der Totenkranz (The Children's Thanks), song for voice & piano, Op. 73/2
>Beach, Amy : The Candy Lion, song for voice & piano, Op. 75/1
>Beach, Amy : A Thanksgiving Fable, song for voice & piano, Op. 75/2
>Beach, Amy : In the Twilight, song for voice & piano, Op. 85
>Beach, Amy : The Host, song for voice & piano, Op. 117/2
>Beach, Amy : May Flowers, song for voice & piano, Op. 137/2
>Beach, Amy : I Sought the Lord, for voice & organ, Op. 142
>Beach, Amy : Though I Take the Wings of Morning, for voice & organ or piano, Op. 152
Performers Composer
  • >

Notes & Reviews:

"Beach may not have lived up to the potential she displayed as a teen, but she nonetheless became a fine composer in almost every genre. I can think of no better way to introduce a listener to her song than through this delightful recording." - Boyer, American Record Guide



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Beach, Amy : The Rainy Day, song for voice & piano (juvenilia)
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1880

>Beach, Amy : Ariette, for voice & piano, Op. 1/4
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : When Far from Her, song for voice & piano, Op. 2/2
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : Empress of Night, song for voice & piano, Op. 2/3
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : Le Secret, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/2
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1890

>Beach, Amy : Ecstasy, song for voice & piano with violin obbligato, Op. 19/2
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : Within Thy Heart, song for voice & piano, Op. 29/1
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1894

>Beach, Amy : Sleep, Little Darling, song for voice & piano, Op. 29/3
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1894

>Beach, Amy : Nachts (Nights), song for voice & piano, Op. 35/1
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Beach, Amy : Forgotten, song for voice & piano, Op. 41/3
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : Dearie, song for voice & piano (Burns Songs no 1), Op. 43/1
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : Far Awa', song for voice (or 2 sopranos) & piano (Burns Songs no 4), Op. 43/4
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : The Year's at the Spring, song for voice & piano (Robert Browning Songs no 1), Op. 44/1
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : Ah, Love, But a Day, song for voice & piano (Robert Browning Songs no 2), Op. 44/2
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : I Send My Heart Up to Thee, song for voice & piano (Robert Browning Songs no 3), Op. 44/3
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : Come, Ah Come, song for voice & piano, Op. 48/1
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : Canzonetta, for voice & piano, Op. 48/4
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : Ich sagete nicht (Silent Love), song for voice & piano, Op. 51/1
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : Wir Drei (We Three), song for voice & piano, Op. 51/2
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : Juni (June), song for voice & piano, Op. 51/3
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : Je demande à l'oiseau (For My Love), song for voice & piano, Op. 51/4
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : Go Not Too Far, song for voice & piano, Op. 56/2
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1904

>Beach, Amy : Shena Van, song for voice & piano (also with violin obbligato), Op. 56/4
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1904

>Beach, Amy : Baby, song for voice & piano (Mother Songs no 1), Op. 69/1
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : Hush, Baby Dear, song for voice & piano (Mother Songs no 2), Op. 69/2
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : A Prelude, song for voice & piano, Op. 71/1
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : O Sweet Content, song for voice & piano, Op. 71/2
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : Ein altes Gebet (An Old Prayer), song for voice & piano, Op. 72/1
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : Der Totenkranz (The Children's Thanks), song for voice & piano, Op. 73/2
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : The Candy Lion, song for voice & piano, Op. 75/1
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1914

>Beach, Amy : A Thanksgiving Fable, song for voice & piano, Op. 75/2
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1914

>Beach, Amy : In the Twilight, song for voice & piano, Op. 85
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : The Host, song for voice & piano, Op. 117/2
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beach, Amy : May Flowers, song for voice & piano, Op. 137/2
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1932

>Beach, Amy : I Sought the Lord, for voice & organ, Op. 142
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1936

>Beach, Amy : Though I Take the Wings of Morning, for voice & organ or piano, Op. 152
  • Performers: Catherine Brigerud (Piano); Katherine Kelton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Notes: The Lodge, Indianapolis, IN (06/11/1999-06/12/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1941