Notes & Reviews:
The Ninth Symphony is Mahler's last completed symphony and is considered to be one of his 'two greatest works'. It is grand musical exposition of his innermost conflicts, of the tensions arising from a profound fear of death and a genuine yearning for the joys of life. It is perhaps the most eloquent, purely orchestral expression of his lifetime obsession with death.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMahler, Gustav : Symphony no 9 in D major
- Conductor: Riccardo Chailly
- Ensemble: Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
- Notes: Grotezaal, Concertgebouw, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (06/14/2004-06/18/2004)
- Running Time: 90 min. 7 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1908-1909