1 800 222 6872

Mendelssohn: Twelve String Symphonies / Ross Pople, et al

Album Summary

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Sinfonia (String Symphony) for string orchestra no 1 in C major
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Sinfonia (String Symphony) for string orchestra no 2 in D major
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Sinfonia (String Symphony) for string orchestra no 3 in E minor
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Sinfonia (String Symphony) for string orchestra no 4 in C minor
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony for Strings no 5 in B flat major
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony for Strings no 6 in E flat major
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Sinfonia (String Symphony) for string orchestra no 7 in D minor
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony for Strings no 8 in D major
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Sinfonia (String Symphony) for string orchestra no 9 in C major ("Swiss")
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony for Strings no 10 in B minor
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Sinfonia (String Symphony) for string orchestra no 11 in F major
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Sinfonia (String Symphony) for string orchestra no 12 in G minor
Conductor Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"Of memorably high calibre, alertly and capably played and beautifully recorded." - BBC Music Magazine

'Pople conveys all the joy and wonderment ... and the London Festival Orchestra clearly share in his delight as they unfold the true genius of these extraordinary works. Very highly recommended' (The Good CD Guide)

'I'd advise all those who don't know these remarkable works to acquire this complete set' (CDReview)

'Of memorably high calibre, alertly and capably played and beautifully recorded ... these three excellently engineered discs will more than repay careful and diligent listening' (BBC Music Magazine Top 1000 CDs Guide)

'Ross Pople and the London Festival Orchestra provide crisp, lyrical, enthusiastic performances that capture the composer's humour' (Classic FM Magazine)



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Sinfonia (String Symphony) for string orchestra no 1 in C major
  • Conductor: Ross Pople
  • Ensemble: London Festival Orchestra
  • Notes: 12/05/1985/12/06/1985
  • Running Time: 10 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: by 09/05/1821

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Sinfonia (String Symphony) for string orchestra no 2 in D major
  • Conductor: Ross Pople
  • Ensemble: London Festival Orchestra
  • Notes: 12/05/1985/12/06/1985
  • Running Time: 11 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: by 09/05/1821

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Sinfonia (String Symphony) for string orchestra no 3 in E minor
  • Conductor: Ross Pople
  • Ensemble: London Festival Orchestra
  • Notes: 12/05/1985/12/06/1985
  • Running Time: 8 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: by 09/05/1821

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Sinfonia (String Symphony) for string orchestra no 4 in C minor
  • Conductor: Ross Pople
  • Ensemble: London Festival Orchestra
  • Notes: 12/05/1985/12/06/1985
  • Running Time: 8 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 09/05/1821

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony for Strings no 5 in B flat major
  • Conductor: Ross Pople
  • Ensemble: London Festival Orchestra
  • Notes: 12/05/1985/12/06/1985
  • Running Time: 11 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 09/21/1821

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony for Strings no 6 in E flat major
  • Conductor: Ross Pople
  • Ensemble: London Festival Orchestra
  • Notes: 12/05/1985/12/06/1985
  • Running Time: 12 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1821

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Sinfonia (String Symphony) for string orchestra no 7 in D minor
  • Conductor: Ross Pople
  • Ensemble: London Festival Orchestra
  • Notes: 12/05/1985/12/06/1985
  • Running Time: 21 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1821-1822

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony for Strings no 8 in D major
  • Conductor: Ross Pople
  • Ensemble: London Festival Orchestra
  • Notes: 12/05/1985/12/06/1985
  • Running Time: 29 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 11/27/1822

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Sinfonia (String Symphony) for string orchestra no 9 in C major ("Swiss")
  • Conductor: Ross Pople
  • Ensemble: London Festival Orchestra
  • Notes: 12/05/1985/12/06/1985
  • Running Time: 23 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/12/1823

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony for Strings no 10 in B minor
  • Conductor: Ross Pople
  • Ensemble: London Festival Orchestra
  • Notes: 12/05/1985/12/06/1985
  • Running Time: 8 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 05/18/1823

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Sinfonia (String Symphony) for string orchestra no 11 in F major
  • Conductor: Ross Pople
  • Ensemble: London Festival Orchestra
  • Notes: 12/05/1985/12/06/1985
  • Running Time: 35 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 07/12/1823

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Sinfonia (String Symphony) for string orchestra no 12 in G minor
  • Conductor: Ross Pople
  • Ensemble: London Festival Orchestra
  • Notes: 12/05/1985/12/06/1985
  • Running Time: 19 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 09/17/1823