Christmas Rhapsody - John Bayless

Audio Samples

>Wade, John Francis : Adeste fideles
>Traditional : Angels we have heard on high
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Festgesang "Hark! The herald angels sing"
>Traditional : I'll be home for Christmas
>Dvorak, Antonin : Symphony no 9 in E minor, Op. 95/B 178 "From the New World"
>     Excerpt(s)
>Gillespie, Haven : Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a
>     no 3, Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy
>Torme, Mel : The Christmas Song
>Styne, Jule : Let It Snow!
>Marks, Johnny : Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
>Gounod, Charles : Ave Maria
>Traditional : O come, O come Emmanuel
>Davies, Henry Walford : O little town of Bethlehem
>Traditional : The first nowell
>Bernard, Felix : Winter Wonderland
>Pierpont, James : Jingle Bells
>Gruber, Franz : Silent Night
>Adam, Adolphe : Minuit, Chrétiens "O holy night"
>Traditional : Sweet little Jesus boy
>Traditional : Away in a manger
>Traditional : What child is this?
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben, BWV 147
>Traditional : Amazing Grace
>Martin, Hugh : Meet Me in St. Louis
>Berlin, Irving : Holiday Inn

Album Summary

>Wade, John Francis : Adeste fideles
>Traditional : Angels we have heard on high
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Festgesang "Hark! The herald angels sing"
>Traditional : I'll be home for Christmas
>Dvorak, Antonin : Symphony no 9 in E minor, Op. 95/B 178 "From the New World"
>Gillespie, Haven : Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a
>Torme, Mel : The Christmas Song
>Styne, Jule : Let It Snow!
>Marks, Johnny : Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
>Gounod, Charles : Ave Maria
>Traditional : O come, O come Emmanuel
>Davies, Henry Walford : O little town of Bethlehem
>Traditional : The first nowell
>Bernard, Felix : Winter Wonderland
>Pierpont, James : Jingle Bells
>Gruber, Franz : Silent Night
>Adam, Adolphe : Minuit, Chrétiens "O holy night"
>Traditional : Sweet little Jesus boy
>Traditional : Away in a manger
>Traditional : What child is this?
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben, BWV 147
>Traditional : Amazing Grace
>Martin, Hugh : Meet Me in St. Louis
>Berlin, Irving : Holiday Inn
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

"I have often wondered why classical piano virtuosos have never recorded their own arrangements of Christmas carols. John Bayless has filled this void with an amazing recording of his own arrangements of carols. Everything he has ever put out on cd is amazing, such as his brilliant arrangements of Beatle tunes in the style of Bach to Puccini arias to West Side Story. In this recording, Bayless stays true to the original melodic material, yet displays his staggering command of the keyboard. On the one hand, his performance of "Ave Maria" is just heavenly, on the other hand, "Santa Claus is Comin to Town/Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" is an all out virtuosic blast. I highly recommend this album!"-Customer Review



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Wade, John Francis : Adeste fideles
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: by 1782
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Traditional : Angels we have heard on high
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Form: Christmas
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Festgesang "Hark! The herald angels sing"
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1840
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Traditional : I'll be home for Christmas
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: 20th Century
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1943
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dvorak, Antonin : Symphony no 9 in E minor, Op. 95/B 178 "From the New World" :: Excerpt(s)
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1893
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Gillespie, Haven : Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a :: no 3, Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Ballet
  • Written: 1892
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Torme, Mel : The Christmas Song
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1946
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Styne, Jule : Let It Snow!
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Marks, Johnny : Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1949
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Gounod, Charles : Ave Maria
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1859
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Traditional : O come, O come Emmanuel
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 15th Century
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Davies, Henry Walford : O little town of Bethlehem
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Traditional : The first nowell
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Form: Christmas
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Bernard, Felix : Winter Wonderland
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1934
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Pierpont, James : Jingle Bells
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1857
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Gruber, Franz : Silent Night
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1818
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Adam, Adolphe : Minuit, Chrétiens "O holy night"
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Christmas
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Traditional : Sweet little Jesus boy
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Traditional : Away in a manger
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Form: Christmas
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Traditional : What child is this?
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 16th Century
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben, BWV 147 :: Jesu bleibet meine Freude "Jesu, joy of man's desiring"
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1723
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Traditional : Amazing Grace
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Martin, Hugh : Meet Me in St. Louis :: Have yourself a merry little Christmas
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1944
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Berlin, Irving : Holiday Inn :: White Christmas
  • Performer: John Bayless (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1942
  • Studio/Live: Studio