1 800 222 6872

2005 New Year's Concert / Maazel, Vienna PO

Album Summary

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Indigo-Marsch, for orchestra, Op. 349
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Haute-volée-Polka (High Society Polka), for orchestra, Op. 155 (RV 155)
>Strauss, Josef : Lustschwarmer, Op. 91
>Strauss, Josef : Winterlust, Op. 121
>Strauss, Josef : Die Emancipirte, Op. 282
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Indigo und die vierzig Räuber
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Indigo und die vierzig Rauber
>Suppé, Franz v. : Die schöne Galathee (The Beautiful Galatea), overture to the operetta
>Word, Spoken : Ansprache Dr. Clemens Hellsberg, Vorstand der Wiener Philharmoniker (Speech Dr. Clemens Hellsber)
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Klipp-Klapp (Click-Clack), galop for orchestra, Op. 466 (RV 466)
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Nordseebilder, Op. 390
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Bauern, polka française for orchestra, Op. 276 (RV 276)
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Fata Morgana, Op. 330
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Vergnügungszug (Excursion Train), polka schnell for orchestra, Op. 281 (RV 281)
>Hellmesberger, Joseph : Auf Wiener Art, polka française (In the Viennese Manner)
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Russische Marsche-Fantasie, for orchestra, Op. 353 (RV 353)
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Ein Herz, ein Sinn, polka-mazurka for orchestra, Op. 323 (RV 323)
>Strauss, Josef : Pizzicato Polka for orchestra, Op. 234
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Geschichten aus dem Wienerwald
>Strauss, Eduard : Electrisch (Polka schnell)
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Cagliostro in Wien
>Word, Spoken : New Year's Address (Vienna Philharmonic Concert 2005)
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : An der schönen, blauen Donau (On the Beautiful, Blue Danube), waltz for orchestra (with chorus ad li
Performer Conductor Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

The popular New Year's Concert from Vienna returns to public television on January 1, 2005 - conducted by Lorin Maazel, Music Director of the New York Philharmonic with the Vienna Philharmonic.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Indigo-Marsch, for orchestra, Op. 349
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1871

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Haute-volée-Polka (High Society Polka), for orchestra, Op. 155 (RV 155)
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1854

>Strauss, Josef : Lustschwärmer, Op. 91
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 8 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1860

>Strauss, Josef : Winterlust, Op. 121
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1862

>Strauss, Josef : Die Emancipirte, Op. 282
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1871

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Indigo und die vierzig Räuber
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 8 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1871

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Indigo und die vierzig Räuber
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1871

>Suppé, Franz v. : Die schöne Galathee (The Beautiful Galatea), overture to the operetta
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 7 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1865

>Word, Spoken : Ansprache Dr. Clemens Hellsberg, Vorstand der Wiener Philharmoniker (Speech Dr. Clemens Hellsber)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 01/01/2005

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Klipp-Klapp (Click-Clack), galop for orchestra, Op. 466 (RV 466)
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Nordseebilder, Op. 390
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 7 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1879

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Bauern, polka française for orchestra, Op. 276 (RV 276)
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 1863.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1863

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Fata Morgana, Op. 330
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1869

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Vergnügungszug (Excursion Train), polka schnell for orchestra, Op. 281 (RV 281)
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1864

>Hellmesberger, Joseph : Auf Wiener Art, polka française (In the Viennese Manner)
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Russische Marsche-Fantasie, for orchestra, Op. 353 (RV 353)
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1872

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Ein Herz, ein Sinn, polka-mazurka for orchestra, Op. 323 (RV 323)
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1868

>Strauss, Josef : Pizzicato Polka for orchestra, Op. 234
  • Performer: Lorin Maazel (Violin)
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Notes: This work was written in collaboration with Johann Strauss II (Junior) (1825 - 1899).
  • Running Time: 2 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1870

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Geschichten aus dem Wienerwald
  • Performer: Lorin Maazel (Violin)
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 12 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1868

>Strauss, Eduard : Electrisch (Polka schnell)
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Cagliostro in Wien
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1875

>Word, Spoken : New Year's Address (Vienna Philharmonic Concert 2005)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 01/01/2005

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : An der schönen, blauen Donau (On the Beautiful, Blue Danube), waltz for orchestra (with chorus ad li
  • Conductor: Lorin Maazel
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 9 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1867