- Simonetta Cavalli (Mezzo Soprano)
- Joseph Cornwell (Tenor)
- Alessandra De Simone
- Elena Fedi (Voice)
- Sergio Foresti (Bass)
- Nicki Kennedy (Soprano)
- Lucia Sciannimanico (Mezzo Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
The great success of 'Arsilda, Regina di Ponto' fulfilled an agenda that Vivaldi had been working on for some time - conquering the stages of Venice. With this, his third opera, Vivaldi established himself as not only a virtuosic performer and composer of instrumental music, but as a master of this genre as well. This production is based on the instrumental music, but as a master of this genre as well.
Undoubtedly it was fidelity to the Vivaldi original and the scrupulous care taken by the conductor, Federico Maria Sardelli, and the experienced playing of his Baroque band, Modo Antiquo, that produced such an exquisitely-wrought performance.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Wagner: Der Ring des Nibelungen / Karajan, Berlin PO
Telemann: Darmstadt Overtures (Suites) / Müller-Brühl, Köln
Rossini: Bianca e Falliero / Parry, Cullagh, London PO
Mayr: Ginevra di Scozia / Severini, Vidal, Barcellona, et al
Mercadante: Emma d'Antiochia / Parry, Miricioiu, et al
Giulini - Bruckner, Dvorák, Rossini / Philharmonia
Berlioz: La Damnation de Faust / Davis, Gedda, Bastin, et al
Spohr: Faust / Moull, Jennings, Taha, Vier, von Jordis
Wagner: Parsifal / Karajan, Hofmann, Vejzovic, Moll, Van Dam
Works DetailsVivaldi, Antonio : Arsilda, regina di Ponto, opera in 3 acts, RV 700
- Performers: Simonetta Cavalli (Mezzo Soprano); Joseph Cornwell (Tenor); Alessandra De Simone; Elena Fedi (Voice); Sergio Foresti (Bass); Nicki Kennedy (Soprano); Lucia Sciannimanico (Mezzo Soprano)
- Conductor: Federico Sardelli
- Ensemble: Coro da Camera Italiano
- Notes: Chiesa del Santissimo Crocifisso, Barga, Italien (07/15/2001-07/24/2001)
- Running Time: 148 min. 4 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 10/18/1716