1 800 222 6872

Torelli: Concertos / Standage, Collegium Musicum 90

Album Summary

>Torelli, Giuseppe : Concerto grosso in A minor, Op. 8/2
>Torelli, Giuseppe : Concerto grosso in C minor, Op. 8/8
>Torelli, Giuseppe : Sinfonia for trumpet, strings & continuo, G. 8
>Torelli, Giuseppe : Concerto grosso in G major, Op. 8/5
>Torelli, Giuseppe : Concerto a 4 in forma di Pastorale per il Santissimo Natale, for 2 violins, cello & continuo in G mi
>Torelli, Giuseppe : Work(s)
>Torelli, Giuseppe : Concerto grosso in B flat major Op. 8/4
>Torelli, Giuseppe : Concerto grosso in F major, Op. 8/11
>Torelli, Giuseppe : Sinfonia for 2 trumpets, strings & continuo in D major, G. 23
>Torelli, Giuseppe : Concerto grosso in E minor, Op. 8/9
Performers Conductor Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

These historically authentic performances give us a chance to experience these ground-breaking concertos as they would have been heard at the time, and will prove popular with scholars and fans of early music alike.

Gramophone
This is another enlightening disc that Baroque enthusiasts will welcome.

BBC Music Magazine
Simon Standage and Catherine Weiss are well-matched in the double concertos, from hair-raising momentum to lovely slow-movement dialogue. In the solo concertos, Standage sometimes sacrifices impulsion to expressive gesture in fast movements but elsewhere he's dazzling, and he growls away on lower strings with tremendous energy in the final track on the disc.

Gramophone Magazine
The performances are stylistically sensible and musically unfussy, with a bright airiness of tone aided by the deliberate (and authentic) omission of double basses from the string texture.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Torelli, Giuseppe : Concerto grosso in A minor, Op. 8/2
  • Performers: Simon Standage (Violin); Catherine Weiss (Violin)
  • Conductor: Simon Standage
  • Ensemble: Collegium Musicum
  • Notes: All Saints' Church, East Finchley, London, England (11/06/2003-11/08/2003)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Torelli, Giuseppe : Concerto grosso in C minor, Op. 8/8
  • Performer: Simon Standage (Violin)
  • Conductor: Simon Standage
  • Ensemble: Collegium Musicum
  • Notes: All Saints' Church, East Finchley, London, England (11/06/2003-11/08/2003)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Torelli, Giuseppe : Sinfonia for trumpet, strings & continuo, G. 8
  • Performer: Crispian Steele-Perkins (Trumpet)
  • Conductor: Simon Standage
  • Ensemble: Collegium Musicum
  • Notes: All Saints' Church, East Finchley, London, England (11/06/2003-11/08/2003)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Torelli, Giuseppe : Concerto grosso in G major, Op. 8/5
  • Performers: Simon Standage (Violin); Catherine Weiss (Violin)
  • Conductor: Simon Standage
  • Ensemble: Collegium Musicum
  • Notes: All Saints' Church, East Finchley, London, England (11/06/2003-11/08/2003)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Torelli, Giuseppe : Concerto a 4 in forma di Pastorale per il Santissimo Natale, for 2 violins, cello & continuo in G mi
  • Performers: Simon Standage (Violin); Catherine Weiss (Violin)
  • Conductor: Simon Standage
  • Ensemble: Collegium Musicum
  • Notes: All Saints' Church, East Finchley, London, England (11/06/2003-11/08/2003)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Torelli, Giuseppe : Work(s) :: [Unspecified] Concerto for 2 trumpets in D major
  • Performers: David Blackadder (Trumpet); Crispian Steele-Perkins (Trumpet)
  • Conductor: Simon Standage
  • Ensemble: Collegium Musicum
  • Notes: All Saints' Church, East Finchley, London, England (11/06/2003-11/08/2003)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Torelli, Giuseppe : Work(s) :: [Unspecified] Concerto for 2 trumpets in D major
  • Performers: David Blackadder (Trumpet); Crispian Steele-Perkins (Trumpet)
  • Conductor: Simon Standage
  • Ensemble: Collegium Musicum
  • Notes: All Saints' Church, East Finchley, London, England (11/06/2003-11/08/2003)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Torelli, Giuseppe : Work(s) :: [Unspecified] Concerto for 2 trumpets in D major
  • Performers: David Blackadder (Trumpet); Crispian Steele-Perkins (Trumpet)
  • Conductor: Simon Standage
  • Ensemble: Collegium Musicum
  • Notes: All Saints' Church, East Finchley, London, England (11/06/2003-11/08/2003)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Torelli, Giuseppe : Concerto grosso in B flat major Op. 8/4
  • Performers: Simon Standage (Violin); Catherine Weiss (Violin)
  • Conductor: Simon Standage
  • Ensemble: Collegium Musicum
  • Notes: All Saints' Church, East Finchley, London, England (11/06/2003-11/08/2003)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Torelli, Giuseppe : Concerto grosso in F major, Op. 8/11
  • Performer: Simon Standage (Violin)
  • Conductor: Simon Standage
  • Ensemble: Collegium Musicum
  • Notes: All Saints' Church, East Finchley, London, England (11/06/2003-11/08/2003)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Torelli, Giuseppe : Sinfonia for 2 trumpets, strings & continuo in D major, G. 23
  • Performers: David Blackadder (Trumpet); Crispian Steele-Perkins (Trumpet)
  • Conductor: Simon Standage
  • Ensemble: Collegium Musicum
  • Notes: All Saints' Church, East Finchley, London, England (11/06/2003-11/08/2003)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral

>Torelli, Giuseppe : Concerto grosso in E minor, Op. 8/9
  • Performer: Simon Standage (Violin)
  • Conductor: Simon Standage
  • Ensemble: Collegium Musicum
  • Notes: All Saints' Church, East Finchley, London, England (11/06/2003-11/08/2003)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto