- Judita Leitaité (Mezzo Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
One of the leaders of the modern school of Lithuanian composition, Balakauskas wrote his 'Requiem', his only religious composition, in memory of the Lithuanian diplomat and champion of national liberty, Stasys Lozoraitis, who died suddenly in 1994. Unlike the monumental settings by Berlioz, Verdi, or Britten, his 'Requiem' is an intimate and meditative chamber work.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBalakauskas, Osvaldas : Requiem in memoriam Stasys Lozoraitis, for mezzo-soprano, chorus & orchestra
- Performer: Judita Leitaité (Mezzo Soprano)
- Conductor: Donatas Katkus
- Ensemble: Vilnius Municipal Choir "Jauna Muzika"
- Notes: Lithuanian Radio (02/06/2003-02/10/2003)
- Running Time: 50 min. 50 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Written: 1995