1 800 222 6872

Haydn: Orchestral Music and Concertos

Album Summary

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Concerto for Violin no 1 in C major, H 7a no 1
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Concerto for Keyboard in D major, H 18 no 11
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Concerto for Cello no 2 in D major, Op 101/H 7b no 2
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 88 in G major, H 1 no 88
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 92 in G major, H 1 no 92 "Oxford"
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 94 in G major, H 1 no 94 "Surprise"
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 98 in B flat major, H 1 no 98
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Sinfonia Concertant for Violin, Cello, Oboe and Bassoon in B flat major, H 1 no 105
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 102 in B flat major, H 1 no 102
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 90 in C major, H 1 no 90
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 101 in D major, H 1 no 101 "Clock"
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 100 in G major ("Military") H. 1/100
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composer

Notes & Reviews:

This 4 CD Haydn anthology showcases the art of Haydn interpretation prior to World War II. The artists included in the set represent some of the greatest Haydn interpreters of that era. Andante's exceptional packaging includes a detailed essay from Haydn scholar Antony Hodgson and high quality 24 bit remastering.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Concerto for Violin no 1 in C major, H 7a no 1
  • Performer: Szymon Goldberg (Violin)
  • Conductor: Walter Susskind
  • Ensemble: Philharmonia Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: By 1769.
  • Running Time: 21 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: by 1769

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Concerto for Keyboard in D major, H 18 no 11
  • Performer: Wanda Landowska (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Eugene Bigot
  • Notes: Composition written: By 1784.
  • Running Time: 20 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: by 1784

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Concerto for Cello no 2 in D major, Op 101/H 7b no 2
  • Performer: Emanuel Feuermann (Cello)
  • Conductor: Malcolm Sargent
  • Ensemble: Symphony Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 1783.
  • Running Time: 25 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1783

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 88 in G major, H 1 no 88
  • Conductor: Arturo Toscanini
  • Ensemble: NBC Symphony Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 1787.
  • Running Time: 20 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1787

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 92 in G major, H 1 no 92 "Oxford"
  • Conductor: Bruno Walter
  • Ensemble: Orchestre de la Société du Conservatoire Paris
  • Notes: Studio Albert, Paris, France (05/07/1938-05/09/1938)
  • Running Time: 22 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1789

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 94 in G major, H 1 no 94 "Surprise"
  • Conductor: Sergey Koussevitzky
  • Running Time: 21 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1791

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 98 in B flat major, H 1 no 98
  • Conductor: Arturo Toscanini
  • Ensemble: NBC Symphony Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 1792.
  • Running Time: 23 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1792

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Sinfonia Concertant for Violin, Cello, Oboe and Bassoon in B flat major, H 1 no 105
  • Performers: Roland Charmy (Violin); Myrtil Morel (Oboe); André Navarra (Cello); Fernand Oubradous (Bassoon)
  • Conductor: Charles Munch
  • Ensemble: Orchestre de la Société du Conservatoire Paris
  • Notes: Composition written: 1792.
  • Running Time: 19 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1792

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 102 in B flat major, H 1 no 102
  • Conductor: Sergey Koussevitzky
  • Notes: Composition written: 1794.
  • Running Time: 22 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1794

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 90 in C major, H 1 no 90
  • Conductor: Thomas Beecham
  • Ensemble: London Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Notes: EMI Abbey Road Studios, London, England (10/04/1935/02/28/1936)
  • Running Time: 23 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1793

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 101 in D major, H 1 no 101 "Clock"
  • Conductor: Arturo Toscanini
  • Ensemble: New York Philharmonic
  • Notes: Carnegie Hall, New York, NY (03/29/1929-03/30/1929)
  • Running Time: 26 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1793-1794

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 100 in G major ("Military") H. 1/100
  • Conductor: Bruno Walter
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 21 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1793-1794