- Valerie Komer
- Nelson Padgett (Keyboards)
- Phillip Cutlip (Bass Baritone)
- Hal Cazalet (Tenor)
- Christine Arand (Soprano)
- Philip Glass (Keyboards)
- Eleanor Sandresky (Keyboards)
Notes & Reviews:
Dancers and singers share the stage in 'Les Enfants Terribles', the final installment of Philip Glass' trilogy of works based on the writings of Jean Cocteau. Glass adapted Cocteau's 1929 novel into what he called a 'dance-opera spectacle', scored for three pianos and four singers. The work is the story of Paul and Lise, two characters so caughtup in a world of their own imaginings that they can no longer see a reality beyond their 'game'.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsGlass, Philip : Les Enfants Terribles, dance opera
- Performers: Valerie Komer; Nelson Padgett (Keyboards); Phillip Cutlip (Bass Baritone); Hal Cazalet (Tenor); Christine Arand (Soprano); Philip Glass (Keyboards); Eleanor Sandresky (Keyboards)
- Conductor: Karen Kamensek
- Running Time: 88 min. 18 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Written: 1992