1 800 222 6872

American Character - Chadwick: Piano Music / Kairoff

Album Summary

>Chadwick, George Whitefield : Pieces (5), for piano, L. 8/25-29
>Chadwick, George Whitefield : Waltzes (3), for piano, L. 8/9-11
>Chadwick, George Whitefield : Characteristic Pieces (6), for piano, L. 8/1-6
>Chadwick, George Whitefield : Caprices (2), for piano, L. 8/7-8
>Chadwick, George Whitefield : Second Book of Piano Pieces, L. 8/32-33
>Chadwick, George Whitefield : Ten Little Tunes for Ten Little Fingers, pedagogical pieces for piano, L. 8/15-24
>Chadwick, George Whitefield : Chanson oriental, for piano, L. 8/13
>Chadwick, George Whitefield : Nocturne, for piano, L. 8/14
>Chadwick, George Whitefield : The Aspen, pedagogical piece for piano, L. 8/31
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"...[Chadwick's piano works on this release] are emotionally carefree, structurally simple compositions, whose surface attractiveness is immediate... The performances by Peter Kairoff are assured and pleasing. There is nothing condescending or overdone in his manner, but a directness and pleasure in musical communication that's infectious... Sound quality is good... In short, recommended. Let's just hope Albany can be persuaded to dig into the composer's portfolio and release still more." -Fanfare



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Chadwick, George Whitefield : Pieces (5), for piano, L. 8/25-29
  • Performer: Peter Kairoff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1905

>Chadwick, George Whitefield : Waltzes (3), for piano, L. 8/9-11
  • Performer: Peter Kairoff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1890

>Chadwick, George Whitefield : Characteristic Pieces (6), for piano, L. 8/1-6
  • Performer: Peter Kairoff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1882

>Chadwick, George Whitefield : Caprices (2), for piano, L. 8/7-8
  • Performer: Peter Kairoff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1888

>Chadwick, George Whitefield : Second Book of Piano Pieces, L. 8/32-33 :: Ye Robin
  • Performer: Peter Kairoff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1928

>Chadwick, George Whitefield : Ten Little Tunes for Ten Little Fingers, pedagogical pieces for piano, L. 8/15-24 :: Evening Prayer
  • Performer: Peter Kairoff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1903

>Chadwick, George Whitefield : Second Book of Piano Pieces, L. 8/32-33 :: Diddle-Diddle Dumpling
  • Performer: Peter Kairoff (Piano)
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1928

>Chadwick, George Whitefield : Chanson oriental, for piano, L. 8/13
  • Performer: Peter Kairoff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Chadwick, George Whitefield : Nocturne, for piano, L. 8/14
  • Performer: Peter Kairoff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1895

>Chadwick, George Whitefield : The Aspen, pedagogical piece for piano, L. 8/31
  • Performer: Peter Kairoff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1924