- Cock - Ver 10 (arr. Stefan Freund) $0.99 on iTunes
- Logon Rock Witch (arr. J. Newman) $0.99 on iTunes
- Meltphace 6 (arr. P. MacDonald) $0.99 on iTunes
- Blue Calx (arr. C. Burhans) $0.99 on iTunes
- Fingerbib (arr. J. Newman) $0.99 on iTunes
- Gwely Mernans (arr. K. Thompson) $0.99 on iTunes
- 4 (arr. J. Johnson and P. MacDonald) $0.99 on iTunes
- Prep Gwarlek (arr. C. Orlando) $0.99 on iTunes
- Omgyjya Switch (arr. E. Hause) $0.99 on iTunes
- Cliffs (arr. C. Burhans) $0.99 on iTunes
- Jynweythek ylow (arr. J. Orfe) $0.99 on iTunes
- Mt. Saint Michel (arr. J. Orfe and P. MacDonald) $0.99 on iTunes
- Avril 14th (arr. J.P. Richards) $0.99 on iTunes
- Prep Gwarlek 3B Remix (arr. D. DeSantis) $0.99 on iTunes
- Cliffs Remix (arr. D. DeSantis) $0.99 on iTunes
Album Remarks & Appraisals:
"A brilliant new music ensemble." - Time Out New York
Personnel: Evan Hause (electric guitar, percussion); Martha Cluver (tamboura); Caleb Burhans (violin, viola, piano); Stefan Freund (cello); Jessica Johnson (flute, alto flute, piccolo); Michael Harley (bassoon); Jason Price (trumpet); James Hirschfeld (trombone); Alan Pierson (celesta); Jason Treuting (drums, percussion); Payton MacDonald (steel drum, percussion).
Audio Mixers: Caleb Shreve; Charles Harbutt.
Audio Remixer: Dennis DeSantis.
Recording information: Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA (01/15/2005-10/14/2005).
Editor: Grace Row.
Arrangers: Evan Hause; Stefan Freund; Jessica Johnson; Payton MacDonald; Caleb Burhans.
The Pennsylvania-based Alarm Will Sound ensemble boldly takes on the challenging work of British electronica artist Aphex Twin (AKA Richard D. James) on its aptly titled ACOUSTICA album. Here James's heady, often-chaotic techno-driven songs are given a wholly acoustic treatment by this 20-piece orchestra (which includes various horns, woodwinds, and strings), resulting in an impressive fusion of electronic concepts and classical sounds. Fans of Aphex Twin will undoubtedly be fascinated by these faithful yet imaginative renditions, and classical enthusiasts can marvel at the quirky, dynamic, and sometimes beautiful nature of the compositions.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Adams, Lang / Mosko, Netherlands Wind Ensemble
Julia Wolfe: Dark Full Ride / Lisa Moore
Percussion Masterpieces - Reich, Stockhausen, Cage, etc / Rivolta, I Percussionisti della Scala
Precipice - Modern Marimba / Nathaniel Bartlett
Bittová: Elida / Iva Bittová, Bang on a Can
Reich: Drumming / So Percussion
So Percussion / Works for Percussion Ensemble
Stravinsky: Mavra, etc / Fischer, Netherlands Wind Ensemble
- Steve Reich: Radio Rewrite (Greenwood, Jonny (Guitar/Compos)