1 800 222 6872

Buxtehude: Sacred Cantatas Vol 2 / Kirkby, et al

Album Summary

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Das neugeborne, Kindelein, for SATB voices, 3 violins, violone, bassoon & continuo, BuxWV 13
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Quaemadmodum desiderat cervus, BuxWV 92
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Nichts soll uns Scheiden, for SAB voices, 2 violins, violone & continuo, BuxWV 77
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Dixit Dominus Domino meo (Psalm 109), for soprano, 2 violins, 2 violas, spinet, violone & continuo,
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : An Filius non est Dei, for ATB voices, 2 violins, viola da gamba & continuo, BuxWV 6
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Lobe den Herrn, meine Seele in G major, BuxWV 71
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Jesu komm mein Trost und Lachen in G major, BuxWV 58
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Herr, nun lässt du deinen Diener, for tenor, 2 violins & continuo, BuxWV 37
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Jesu dulcis memoria, for ATB voices, 2 violins & continuo, BuxWV 57
Performers Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

This is the second disc of sacred cantatas by Buxtehude on the Chaconne label, featuring artists famous in this repertoire. The disc contains some of Buxtehude's most glorious music, not all of it well known, but all of it impressive and extraordinarily inventive, and it forms a superb follow-up to Volume. 1.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Das neugeborne, Kindelein, for SATB voices, 3 violins, violone, bassoon & continuo, BuxWV 13
  • Performers: Peter Harvey (Bass Baritone); Clare Salaman (Violin); Emma Kirkby (Soprano); Michael Chance; Reiko Ichise (Bass Viola da gamba); Charles Daniels
  • Ensemble: Purcell Quartet
  • Notes: St. Jude on the Hill, Hampstead, London, England (09/08/2004-09/10/2004)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Quaemadmodum desiderat cervus, BuxWV 92
  • Performers: Charles Daniels; Reiko Ichise (Bass Viola da gamba)
  • Ensemble: Purcell Quartet
  • Notes: St. Jude on the Hill, Hampstead, London, England (09/08/2004-09/10/2004)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Nichts soll uns Scheiden, for SAB voices, 2 violins, violone & continuo, BuxWV 77
  • Performers: Michael Chance; Emma Kirkby (Soprano); Reiko Ichise (Bass Viola da gamba); Peter Harvey (Bass Baritone)
  • Ensemble: Purcell Quartet
  • Notes: St. Jude on the Hill, Hampstead, London, England (09/08/2004-09/10/2004)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Dixit Dominus Domino meo (Psalm 109), for soprano, 2 violins, 2 violas, spinet, violone & continuo,
  • Performers: Jane Rogers (Viola); Reiko Ichise (Bass Viola da gamba); Rachel Byrt (Viola); Emma Kirkby (Soprano)
  • Ensemble: Purcell Quartet
  • Notes: St. Jude on the Hill, Hampstead, London, England (09/08/2004-09/10/2004)
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : An Filius non est Dei, for ATB voices, 2 violins, viola da gamba & continuo, BuxWV 6
  • Performers: William Hunt (Cello); Peter Harvey (Bass Baritone); Reiko Ichise (Bass Viola da gamba); Charles Daniels; Michael Chance
  • Ensemble: Purcell Quartet
  • Notes: St. Jude on the Hill, Hampstead, London, England (09/08/2004-09/10/2004)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Lobe den Herrn, meine Seele in G major, BuxWV 71
  • Performers: Reiko Ichise (Bass Viola da gamba); Clare Salaman (Viola); Charles Daniels; Rachel Byrt (Viola); Clare Salaman (Violin)
  • Ensemble: Purcell Quartet
  • Notes: St. Jude on the Hill, Hampstead, London, England (09/08/2004-09/10/2004)
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Jesu komm mein Trost und Lachen in G major, BuxWV 58
  • Performers: Rachel Byrt (Viola); Reiko Ichise (Bass Viola da gamba); Peter Harvey (Bass Baritone); Charles Daniels; Michael Chance
  • Ensemble: Purcell Quartet
  • Notes: St. Jude on the Hill, Hampstead, London, England (09/08/2004-09/10/2004)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Herr, nun lässt du deinen Diener, for tenor, 2 violins & continuo, BuxWV 37
  • Performers: Reiko Ichise (Bass Viola da gamba); Charles Daniels
  • Ensemble: Purcell Quartet
  • Notes: St. Jude on the Hill, Hampstead, London, England (09/08/2004-09/10/2004)
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Jesu dulcis memoria, for ATB voices, 2 violins & continuo, BuxWV 57
  • Performers: Reiko Ichise (Bass Viola da gamba); Peter Harvey (Bass Baritone); Charles Daniels; Michael Chance
  • Ensemble: Purcell Quartet
  • Notes: St. Jude on the Hill, Hampstead, London, England (09/08/2004-09/10/2004)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque