Notes & Reviews:
From the date of its premiere in 1868 to the present day, Brahms's moving early masterwork, 'German Requiem' has spoken to generations of listeners, and few conductors have approached this familiar score with the sence of awe and reverence shown by Carl Schuricht. A very special dimension of this CD is the magisterial performance of a young Hermann Prey.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBrahms, Johannes : German Requiem, Op. 45
- Performers: Hermann Prey; Maria Stader (Soprano)
- Conductor: Carl Schuricht
- Ensemble: Southwest German Radio Vocal Ensemble, Stuttgart
- Notes: Stuttgart, Sendesaal Villa Berg, SWR (11/04/1959-11/07/1959)
- Running Time: 67 min. 29 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Choral
- Written: 1857-1868