- Kwangchul Youn (Bass)
- Johan Botha (Tenor)
- Michael Schade (Tenor)
- Twyla Robinson (Soprano)
- Gregory Reinhart (Bass)
- Eike Schulte (Baritone)
- Renée Fleming (Soprano)
- Carsten Wittmoser (Bass)
- Cosmin Ifrim (Tenor)
- Julia Kleiter (Soprano)
- Anna Larsson (Alto)
Notes & Reviews:
Celebrated for her glorious interpretations of Strauss' great soprano roles, Renee Fleming leads an international cast in this eagerly-awaited complete recording of the gorgeously lyrical opera 'Daphne', which is based on the ancient Greek myth about the daughter of river-god and earth-goddess, who surrenders herself to nature by transforming into a laurel tree, a symbol of undying love. This CD is full of lyrical sound-pictures describing the idyllic landscapes of Greek mythology.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Wagner: Tristan and Isolde / Segerstam, Millgram, Fassbender
Dyson: Symphony in G major, etc / Lloyd-Jones, et al
Leyendecker: Violin Concerto, Symphony no 3
Britten: Death in Venice / Hickox, Chance, Langridge
Rachmaninov: The Piano Concertos, etc / Hough, Litton, et al
Carlisle Floyd: Cold Sassy Tree / Patrick Summers, et al
Mozart: Violin Concertos, etc / Anne-Sophie Mutter, et al
J.S. Bach: Cantatas Vol 19 / Ton Koopman, et al
Bohm: Four Cantatas
Works DetailsStrauss, Richard : Daphne, Op 82
- Performers: Carsten Wittmoser (Bass); Cosmin Ifrim (Tenor); Julia Kleiter (Soprano); Anna Larsson (Alto); Kwangchul Youn (Bass); Johan Botha (Tenor); Michael Schade (Tenor); Twyla Robinson (Soprano); Gregory Reinhart (Bass); Eike Schulte (Baritone); Renée Fleming (Soprano)
- Conductor: Semyon Bychkov
- Ensemble: Cologne West German Radio Men's Chorus
- Notes: Composition written: 1936-37.
- Running Time: 52 min. 26 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1936-1937