- Bruckner — Symphony No. 4 in E flat major, WAB 104, "Romantic" (1880 version): I. Bewegt, nicht zu schnell
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 4 in E flat major, WAB 104, "Romantic" (1880 version): II. Andante quasi allegretto
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 4 in E flat major, WAB 104, "Romantic" (1880 version): III. Scherzo: Bewegt - Trio: Nicht zu schnell
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 4 in E flat major, WAB 104, "Romantic" (1880 version): IV. Finale: Bewegt, doch nicht zu schnell
Notes & Reviews:
"This recording finds him [Sanderling] shaping a compelling performance with an orchestra founded by one of the greatest Bruckner conductors, Eugen Jochum. Every section of the orchestra contributes to the beauties of this performance, and the Bavarian Radio engineers did a superb job of keeping them all in proper focus. What a pleasure it is to hear woodwinds out in front, with bright, clear tones. Meanwhile the brass is soft and mellow when appropriate; weighty, bright, and imposing when required... I have never before been so thoroughly engrossed and pleased with a Bruckner Fourth. Urgently recommended." -Robert McColley, Fanfare
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Bruckner: Symphony no 3 / Tennstedt, Bavarian Radio SO
Wolpe in Jerusalem (1933-1938)
Gunther Wand Edition - Saint-Saens: Violin Concerto, etc
Haydn: Symphony no 6, 7 & 8 / Leitner, et al
Brahms: Variations for Orchestra; et al / Leitner, et al
Ravel: Piano Concerto in G Major, etc / Haas
Mozart: Symphonies / Leitner, et al
Mozart: Symphony no 32 & 1; Sibelius / Tennstedt
Mozart / Klenke Quartett
Works DetailsBruckner, Anton : Symphony no 4 in E flat major ("Romantic"), WAB 104
- Conductor: Kurt Sanderling
- Ensemble: Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra
- Notes: Composition written: 1874-88.
- Running Time: 70 min. 59 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1874-1888