Notes & Reviews:
Telemann scholar and period instrument specialist Ulrich Stotzel continues his exploration of this Baroque genius in this new recording. The festival music Heilig, heilig, heilig ist Gott, is one of he sweeping compositions that Telemann composed between 1738 and 1762 for various ceremonies and festivities for the prosperous city of Hamburg.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsTelemann, Georg Philipp : Heilig, heilig ist Gott, consecration cantata for chorus, 2 oboes, 3 trumpets, timpani, strings & co
- Performers: Albrecht Pohl; Monika Mauch (Soprano); Andreas Post (Tenor)
- Conductor: Ulrich Stotzel
- Ensemble: Trompeten Consort Friedemann Immer
- Notes: Martinikirche, Siegen, Germany (10/21/2004-10/22/2004)
- Running Time: 73 min. 33 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque
- Written: 1747