1 800 222 6872

Simon Barere - Live Recordings at Carnegie Hall Vol 5 - 1929

Album Summary

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Concerto for Piano no 2 in C minor, Op. 18
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 113/L 345
>Chopin, Frédéric : Scherzo for Piano no 3 in C sharp minor, B 125/Op. 39
>Chopin, Frédéric : Impromptu for Piano no 1 in A flat major, B 110/Op. 29
>Chopin, Frédéric : Waltz for Piano in A flat major, B 131/Op. 42 "Grande Valse"
>Liszt, Franz : La Leggierezza, for piano in F minor (Grandes études de concert no 2) , S. 144/2 (LW A118/2)
>Liszt, Franz : Gnomenreigen, for piano (Zwei Konzertetüden no 2), S. 145/2 (LW A218/2)
>Scriabin, Alexander : Etudes (12) for Piano, Op. 8
>Chopin, Frédéric : Etude for piano no 8 in F major, Op. 10/8, CT. 21
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Polka W.R., for piano in A flat major, TN ii/18
>Word, Spoken : Simon Barere Interview
Performer Conductor Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

This is the final volume in APRs series of live Simon Barere recordings from Carnegie Hall, the performances confirm that Barere was indeed, not only one of the greatest ever keyboard technicians, but a Romantic pianist in the grand tradition, fully worthy of his Russian pedigree.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Concerto for Piano no 2 in C minor, Op. 18
  • Performer: Simon Barere (Piano)
  • Conductor: Antonia Brico
  • Ensemble: Orchestra
  • Running Time: 30 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1900-1901

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 113/L 345
  • Performer: Simon Barere (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Chopin, Frédéric : Scherzo for Piano no 3 in C sharp minor, B 125/Op. 39
  • Performer: Simon Barere (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Impromptu for Piano no 1 in A flat major, B 110/Op. 29
  • Performer: Simon Barere (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1837

>Chopin, Frédéric : Waltz for Piano in A flat major, B 131/Op. 42 "Grande Valse"
  • Performer: Simon Barere (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1840

>Liszt, Franz : La Leggierezza, for piano in F minor (Grandes études de concert no 2) , S. 144/2 (LW A118/2)
  • Performer: Simon Barere (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1848

>Liszt, Franz : Gnomenreigen, for piano (Zwei Konzertetüden no 2), S. 145/2 (LW A218/2)
  • Performer: Simon Barere (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1862-1863

>Scriabin, Alexander : Etudes (12) for Piano, Op. 8
  • Performer: Simon Barere (Piano)
  • Notes: Carnegie Hall, New York, NY (11/28/2001-11/29/2001)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1894

>Chopin, Frédéric : Etude for piano no 8 in F major, Op. 10/8, CT. 21
  • Performer: Simon Barere (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1832

>Chopin, Frédéric : Waltz for Piano in A flat major, B 131/Op. 42 "Grande Valse"
  • Performer: Simon Barere (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1840

>Liszt, Franz : Gnomenreigen, for piano (Zwei Konzertetüden no 2), S. 145/2 (LW A218/2)
  • Performer: Simon Barere (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1862-1863

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Polka W.R., for piano in A flat major, TN ii/18
  • Performer: Simon Barere (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1911

>Word, Spoken : Simon Barere Interview
  • Performer: Simon Barere (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 09/1947