1 800 222 6872

Bach: The Liepzig Chorales / Christa Rakich

Audio Samples

  1. Bach — 18 Chorales, BWV 651-668, "Leipziger Chorale": Fantasia super Komm heiliger Geist, BWV 651 $0.99 on iTunes
  2. Bach — 18 Chorales, BWV 651-668, "Leipziger Chorale": Trio super Herr Jesu Christ, dich zu uns wend, BWV 655 $0.99 on iTunes
  3. Bach — 18 Chorales, BWV 651-668, "Leipziger Chorale": Schmucke dich, o liebe Seele, BWV 654 $0.99 on iTunes
  4. Bach — 18 Chorales, BWV 651-668, "Leipziger Chorale": Nun danket alle Gott, BWV 657 $0.99 on iTunes
  5. Bach — 18 Chorales, BWV 651-668, "Leipziger Chorale": Von Gott will ich nicht lassen, BWV 658 $0.99 on iTunes
  6. Bach — 18 Chorales, BWV 651-668, "Leipziger Chorale": Komm Gott Schopfer, BWV 667 $0.99 on iTunes
  7. Bach — 18 Chorales, BWV 651-668, "Leipziger Chorale": Nun komm der Heiden Heiland, BWV 659 $0.99 on iTunes
  8. Bach — 18 Chorales, BWV 651-668, "Leipziger Chorale": Nun komm der Heiden Heiland, BWV 660 $0.99 on iTunes
  9. Bach — 18 Chorales, BWV 651-668, "Leipziger Chorale": Nun komm den Heiden Heiland, BWV 661 $0.99 on iTunes
  10. Bach — 18 Chorales, BWV 651-668, "Leipziger Chorale": Komm heiliger Geist, BWV 652 $0.99 on iTunes
  11. Bach — 18 Chorales, BWV 651-668, "Leipziger Chorale": Jesus Christus, under Heiland, BWV 665 $0.99 on iTunes
  12. Bach — 18 Chorales, BWV 651-668, "Leipziger Chorale": Jesus Christus, under Heiland, BWV 666 $0.99 on iTunes
  13. Bach — 18 Chorales, BWV 651-668, "Leipziger Chorale": An Wasserflussen Babylon, BWV 653 $0.99 on iTunes
  14. Bach — 18 Chorales, BWV 651-668, "Leipziger Chorale": O Lamm Gottes, unschuldig, BWV 656
  15. Bach — 18 Chorales, BWV 651-668, "Leipziger Chorale": Vor deinen Thron, BWV 668 $0.99 on iTunes

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia super Komm, Heiliger Geist, chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no "0"), BWV 651 (
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio super Herr Jesu Christ, dich zu uns wend (I), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 4
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Schmücke dich, o liebe Seele (I), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 4), BWV 654 (BC K7
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun danket alle Gott, chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 6), BWV 657 (BC K80)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Von Gott will ich nicht lassen, chorale prelude for organ (Vehrzehn Choräle no 7), BWV 658 (BC K81)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Komm, Gott Schöpfer, heiliger Geist (III), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 17), BWV
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun komm der Heiden Heiland (II), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 8), BWV 659 (BC K8
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio super Nun komm der Heiden Heiland (I), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 9), BWV
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun komm der Heiden Heiland (IV), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 10), BWV 661 (BC K
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Komm, heiliger Geist (I), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 1), BWV 652 (BC K75)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Jesus Christus, unser Heiland (II), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 14), BWV 665 (BC
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Jesus Christus, unser Heiland (IV), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 15), BWV 666 (BC
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr (I), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 11), BWV 662 (BC
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr (III), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 12), BWV 663 (
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio super Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr, chorale prelude for organ, BWV 664 (BC K87)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : An Wasserflüssen Babylon (I), chorale prelude for organ, BWV 653 (BC K76)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : O Lamm Gottes unschuldig (II), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 5), BWV 656 (BC K79)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Vor deinen Thron tret ich hiermit (I), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 18), BWV 668
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Heres a full two-disc program of Bachs famous great eighteen played by a leader in Bach performance practice. The music on the first CD is performed on the C.B. Fisk organ at Old West Church in Boston, and the music on the second CD is performed on the famous Fritts organ at Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, Washington, allowing the listener to compare one organ with the other. Rakichs wonderfully natural ebb and flow went right to the musics heart. The urbane charm and wit certainly came across, as did just the right bit of wildness... -The American Organist



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia super Komm, Heiliger Geist, chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no "0"), BWV 651 (
  • Performer: Christa Rakich (Organ)
  • Notes: Old West Church, Boston, MA (06/23/2004-06/24/2004)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio super Herr Jesu Christ, dich zu uns wend (I), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 4
  • Performer: Christa Rakich (Organ)
  • Notes: Old West Church, Boston, MA (06/23/2004-06/24/2004)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Schmücke dich, o liebe Seele (I), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 4), BWV 654 (BC K7
  • Performer: Christa Rakich (Organ)
  • Notes: Old West Church, Boston, MA (06/23/2004-06/24/2004)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun danket alle Gott, chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 6), BWV 657 (BC K80)
  • Performer: Christa Rakich (Organ)
  • Notes: Old West Church, Boston, MA (06/23/2004-06/24/2004)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Von Gott will ich nicht lassen, chorale prelude for organ (Vehrzehn Choräle no 7), BWV 658 (BC K81)
  • Performer: Christa Rakich (Organ)
  • Notes: Old West Church, Boston, MA (06/23/2004-06/24/2004)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Komm, Gott Schöpfer, heiliger Geist (III), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 17), BWV
  • Performer: Christa Rakich (Organ)
  • Notes: Old West Church, Boston, MA (06/23/2004-06/24/2004)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun komm der Heiden Heiland (II), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 8), BWV 659 (BC K8
  • Performer: Christa Rakich (Organ)
  • Notes: Old West Church, Boston, MA (06/23/2004-06/24/2004)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio super Nun komm der Heiden Heiland (I), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 9), BWV
  • Performer: Christa Rakich (Organ)
  • Notes: Old West Church, Boston, MA (06/23/2004-06/24/2004)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun komm der Heiden Heiland (IV), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 10), BWV 661 (BC K
  • Performer: Christa Rakich (Organ)
  • Notes: Old West Church, Boston, MA (06/23/2004-06/24/2004)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Komm, heiliger Geist (I), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 1), BWV 652 (BC K75)
  • Performer: Christa Rakich (Organ)
  • Notes: Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA (06/23/2004-06/24/2004)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Jesus Christus, unser Heiland (II), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 14), BWV 665 (BC
  • Performer: Christa Rakich (Organ)
  • Notes: Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA (06/23/2004-06/24/2004)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Jesus Christus, unser Heiland (IV), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 15), BWV 666 (BC
  • Performer: Christa Rakich (Organ)
  • Notes: Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA (06/23/2004-06/24/2004)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr (I), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 11), BWV 662 (BC
  • Performer: Christa Rakich (Organ)
  • Notes: Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA (06/23/2004-06/24/2004)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr (III), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 12), BWV 663 (
  • Performer: Christa Rakich (Organ)
  • Notes: Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA (06/23/2004-06/24/2004)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio super Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr, chorale prelude for organ, BWV 664 (BC K87)
  • Performer: Christa Rakich (Organ)
  • Notes: Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA (06/23/2004-06/24/2004)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : An Wasserflüssen Babylon (I), chorale prelude for organ, BWV 653 (BC K76)
  • Performer: Christa Rakich (Organ)
  • Notes: Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA (06/23/2004-06/24/2004)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : O Lamm Gottes unschuldig (II), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 5), BWV 656 (BC K79)
  • Performer: Christa Rakich (Organ)
  • Notes: Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA (06/23/2004-06/24/2004)
  • Running Time: 10 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Vor deinen Thron tret ich hiermit (I), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 18), BWV 668
  • Performer: Christa Rakich (Organ)
  • Notes: Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA (06/23/2004-06/24/2004)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723