- Rosa Dominguez (Mezzo Soprano)
- Sergio Foresti (Bass)
- Nicki Kennedy (Soprano)
- Davide Livermore (Tenor)
- Elisabeth Scholl (Soprano)
- Lucia Sciannimanico (Mezzo Soprano)
- Bruno Taddia (Baritone)
Notes & Reviews:
Tito Manlio is one of the four music drams that Vivaldi had represented in the Mantua during the time he was in the employ of Philipp von Hessen-Darmstadt, the governor plenipotentiary ruling on behalf of the Habsberg crown. This new CPO recordings features the Modo Antiquo baroque orchestra, one of the top ensembles in the international panorama of early music.
Sardelli captures all of the precocious orchestral effects in Vivaldi's score. Two of Manlio's arias are particularly outstanding: 'Sonno, se pur sei sonno' is a marvellously dark opening to Act 3, with pulsing, creepy string chords... 'Ti lascerei gl'affetti miei' is a sublime moment of minor key melancholy that commences with only a pair of oboes and bassoon before evolving into a deeply moving lament of considerable beauty and sonority that is eloquently shaped by Sardelli.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Villa-Lobos: par lui-meme
Mozart: Mass In C Minor / McCreesh, Gabrieli Consort
Opera in English - Berg: Lulu / Daniel, Saffer, Perry, et al
Parry: Invocation to Music, etc / Bamert, Hickox, et al
Launis: Aslak Hetta / Oramo, Alamikkotervo, et al
Whitacre: Cloudburst, etc / Layton, Polyphony
Sibelius: Kullervo / Davis, Mattei, Groop, London SO, et al
Vivaldi: Tito Manlio / Accademia Bizantina, Dantone
Meyerbeer: L'Esule di Granata (Highlights) / Carella, et al
Works DetailsVivaldi, Antonio : Tito Manlio, RV 738
- Performers: Rosa Dominguez (Mezzo Soprano); Sergio Foresti (Bass); Nicki Kennedy (Soprano); Davide Livermore (Tenor); Elisabeth Scholl (Soprano); Lucia Sciannimanico (Mezzo Soprano); Bruno Taddia (Baritone)
- Conductor: Federico Sardelli
- Ensemble: Modo Antiquo Ensemble
- Notes: Barga, Italien, Chiesa del Santissimo Crocifisso (07/13/2003-07/21/2003)
- Running Time: 1 min. 51 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1719