- Wilfried Schaal (Bass)
- Fred Teschler (Bass)
- Harald Neukirch (Tenor)
- Rolf Apreck (Tenor)
- Theo Adam (Bass)
- Eleonore Elstermann (Soprano)
- Anny Schlemm (Soprano)
- Johannes Kemter (Tenor)
- GŁnther Leib (Baritone)
Notes & Reviews:
In light of what we know of Smetana as one of the great composers of Czechoslovakia, it seems surprising how little popularity he met with in his early career, forcing him to spend time in other parts of Europe. Though sung in German, the exuberance of this wonderful work can transcend all language barriers and convey its rustic, joyful nature.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsSmetana, Bedrich : Prodaná nevesta (The Bartered Bride), opera, JB 1 :: 100
- Performers: Wilfried Schaal (Bass); Fred Teschler (Bass); Harald Neukirch (Tenor); Rolf Apreck (Tenor); Theo Adam (Bass); Eleonore Elstermann (Soprano); Anny Schlemm (Soprano); Johannes Kemter (Tenor); Günther Leib (Baritone)
- Conductor: Otmar Suitner
- Ensemble: Dresden Staatskapelle
- Running Time: 15 min. 33 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1863-1870