1 800 222 6872

Stevenson: A'e Gowden Lyric / Susan Hamilton, soprano; John Cameron, piano

Album Summary

>Stevenson, Ronald : A Child's Garden of Verses, for voice & piano
>Stevenson, Ronald : Traighean (Shores), for voice & piano
>Stevenson, Ronald : The Robber, for voice & piano (from Songs to Poems by Hugh MacDiarmid, Vol. 2)
>Stevenson, Ronald : Hill Sang, for voice & piano (from Eight Songs to Poems by William Soutar)
>Stevenson, Ronald : The Gaelic Muse, for voice & piano (from Songs to Poems by Hugh MacDiarmid, Vol. 2)
>Stevenson, Ronald : The Buckie Braes, for voice & piano (from Eight Songs to Poems by William Soutar)
>Stevenson, Ronald : The Quiet Comes In, for voice & piano (from Eight Songs to Poems by William Soutar)
>Stevenson, Ronald : The Bobbin-Winder, for voice & piano (from Songs to Poems by Hugh MacDiarmid, Vol. 2)
>Stevenson, Ronald : To the Future, for voice & piano (from Eight Songs to Poems by William Soutar)
>Stevenson, Ronald : O Wha's the Bride?, for voice & piano (from Songs to Poems by Hugh MacDiarmid, Vol. 2)
>Stevenson, Ronald : Trompe l'oeil, for voice & piano (from Songs to Poems by Hugh MacDiarmid, Vol. 1)
>Stevenson, Ronald : The Bonny Broukit Bairn, for voice & piano (from Songs to Poems by Hugh MacDiarmid, Vol. 1)
>Stevenson, Ronald : Fairy Tales, for voice & piano (from Songs to Poems by Hugh MacDiarmid, Vol. 1)
>Stevenson, Ronald : Hallowe'en Sang, for voice & piano (from Eight Songs to Poems by William Soutar)
>Stevenson, Ronald : The Plum Tree, for voice & piano (from Eight Songs to Poems by William Soutar)
>Stevenson, Ronald : The Day is Dune, for voice & piano (from Eight Songs to Poems by William Soutar)
>Stevenson, Ronald : The Rose of All the World, for voice & piano (from Songs to Poems by Hugh MacDiarmid, Vol. 1)
>Stevenson, Ronald : The Droll Wee Man, for voice & piano (from Eight Songs to Poems by William Soutar)
>Stevenson, Ronald : A'e Gowden Lyric, for voice & piano (from Songs to Poems by Hugh MacDiarmid, Vol. 1)
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

The lyric Scots poetry of Hugh MacDiarmid, Sorley Maclean, and William Soutar as well as Robert Louis Stevenson's A Child's Garden of Verses will take you on musical tour of rolling hills and Scottish dens.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Stevenson, Ronald : A Child's Garden of Verses, for voice & piano
  • Performers: John Cameron (Piano); Susan Hamilton
  • Notes: St. Mary's Collegiate Church, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland (11/21/2001/11/22/2001)
  • Running Time: 33 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1985

>Stevenson, Ronald : Traighean (Shores), for voice & piano
  • Performers: John Cameron (Piano); Susan Hamilton
  • Notes: St. Mary's Collegiate Church, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland (11/21/2001/11/22/2001)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1979

>Stevenson, Ronald : The Robber, for voice & piano (from Songs to Poems by Hugh MacDiarmid, Vol. 2)
  • Performers: John Cameron (Piano); Susan Hamilton
  • Notes: St. Mary's Collegiate Church, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland (11/21/2001/11/22/2001)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1964-1977

>Stevenson, Ronald : Hill Sang, for voice & piano (from Eight Songs to Poems by William Soutar)
  • Performers: John Cameron (Piano); Susan Hamilton
  • Notes: St. Mary's Collegiate Church, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland (11/21/2001/11/22/2001)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1965

>Stevenson, Ronald : The Gaelic Muse, for voice & piano (from Songs to Poems by Hugh MacDiarmid, Vol. 2)
  • Performers: John Cameron (Piano); Susan Hamilton
  • Notes: St. Mary's Collegiate Church, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland (11/21/2001/11/22/2001)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1964-1977

>Stevenson, Ronald : The Buckie Braes, for voice & piano (from Eight Songs to Poems by William Soutar)
  • Performers: John Cameron (Piano); Susan Hamilton
  • Notes: St. Mary's Collegiate Church, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland (11/21/2001/11/22/2001)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1965

>Stevenson, Ronald : The Quiet Comes In, for voice & piano (from Eight Songs to Poems by William Soutar)
  • Performers: John Cameron (Piano); Susan Hamilton
  • Notes: St. Mary's Collegiate Church, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland (11/21/2001/11/22/2001)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1965

>Stevenson, Ronald : The Bobbin-Winder, for voice & piano (from Songs to Poems by Hugh MacDiarmid, Vol. 2)
  • Performers: John Cameron (Piano); Susan Hamilton
  • Notes: St. Mary's Collegiate Church, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland (11/21/2001/11/22/2001)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1964-1977

>Stevenson, Ronald : To the Future, for voice & piano (from Eight Songs to Poems by William Soutar)
  • Performers: John Cameron (Piano); Susan Hamilton
  • Notes: St. Mary's Collegiate Church, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland (11/21/2001/11/22/2001)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1965

>Stevenson, Ronald : O Wha's the Bride?, for voice & piano (from Songs to Poems by Hugh MacDiarmid, Vol. 2)
  • Performers: John Cameron (Piano); Susan Hamilton
  • Notes: St. Mary's Collegiate Church, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland (11/21/2001/11/22/2001)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1964-1977

>Stevenson, Ronald : Trompe l'oeil, for voice & piano (from Songs to Poems by Hugh MacDiarmid, Vol. 1)
  • Performers: John Cameron (Piano); Susan Hamilton
  • Notes: St. Mary's Collegiate Church, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland (11/21/2001/11/22/2001)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1964-1977

>Stevenson, Ronald : The Bonny Broukit Bairn, for voice & piano (from Songs to Poems by Hugh MacDiarmid, Vol. 1)
  • Performers: John Cameron (Piano); Susan Hamilton
  • Notes: St. Mary's Collegiate Church, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland (11/21/2001/11/22/2001)
  • Running Time: 2 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1964-1977

>Stevenson, Ronald : Fairy Tales, for voice & piano (from Songs to Poems by Hugh MacDiarmid, Vol. 1)
  • Performers: John Cameron (Piano); Susan Hamilton
  • Notes: St. Mary's Collegiate Church, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland (11/21/2001/11/22/2001)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1964-1977

>Stevenson, Ronald : Hallowe'en Sang, for voice & piano (from Eight Songs to Poems by William Soutar)
  • Performers: John Cameron (Piano); Susan Hamilton
  • Notes: St. Mary's Collegiate Church, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland (11/21/2001/11/22/2001)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1965

>Stevenson, Ronald : The Plum Tree, for voice & piano (from Eight Songs to Poems by William Soutar)
  • Performers: John Cameron (Piano); Susan Hamilton
  • Notes: St. Mary's Collegiate Church, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland (11/21/2001/11/22/2001)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1965

>Stevenson, Ronald : The Day is Düne, for voice & piano (from Eight Songs to Poems by William Soutar)
  • Performers: John Cameron (Piano); Susan Hamilton
  • Notes: St. Mary's Collegiate Church, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland (11/21/2001/11/22/2001)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1965

>Stevenson, Ronald : The Rose of All the World, for voice & piano (from Songs to Poems by Hugh MacDiarmid, Vol. 1)
  • Performers: John Cameron (Piano); Susan Hamilton
  • Notes: St. Mary's Collegiate Church, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland (11/21/2001/11/22/2001)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1964-1977

>Stevenson, Ronald : The Droll Wee Man, for voice & piano (from Eight Songs to Poems by William Soutar)
  • Performers: John Cameron (Piano); Susan Hamilton
  • Notes: St. Mary's Collegiate Church, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland (11/21/2001/11/22/2001)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1965

>Stevenson, Ronald : A'e Gowden Lyric, for voice & piano (from Songs to Poems by Hugh MacDiarmid, Vol. 1)
  • Performers: John Cameron (Piano); Susan Hamilton
  • Notes: St. Mary's Collegiate Church, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland (11/21/2001/11/22/2001)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1964-1977