1 800 222 6872

Kuhn: Songs and Instrumental Works / Anderson, Ager, et al

Album Summary

>Kuhn, Max : Introduktion und Allegro, for oboe & piano
>Kuhn, Max : Schiffern und Kapitänen von Albert Ehrismann, songs (6) for alto (or baritone) & piano
>Kuhn, Max : Die Einsame (Gedicht aus der Chinesischen Flöte von Hans Bethge), for voice & piano
>Kuhn, Max : Persisches Liebeslied (Der Entwurzelte) (Gedicht aus der Chinesischen Flöte von Hans Bethge), for vo
>Kuhn, Max : Die Macht der Schönheit (Nachdichtungen der Lieder des Hafis, Hans Bethge), for voice & piano
>Kuhn, Max : Bild der Freundin (Gedicht von R. G. Binding), for voice & piano
>Kuhn, Max : Lied der Drehorgelfrau (Text von A. Ehrismann), for voice & piano
>Kuhn, Max : Suite for solo oboe
>Kuhn, Max : Préludes (3), for piano
>Kuhn, Max : Klavierstücke (3), for piano
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

The Swiss composer Max Kuhn was born in the same year as Bruckner's death, and a year before Brahms passed away. Though he was a composer who lived in the 20th century, he carries on the Romantic traditions of these two composers. A true eclectic, Kuhn's music combines strong Romantic lyricism with the sophistication of many Baroque techniques, especially in his works for oboe.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Kuhn, Max : Introduktion und Allegro, for oboe & piano
  • Performers: John Anderson (Oboe); Sophia Rahmann (Piano)
  • Notes: St Paul's Boy's School, Hammersmith, London, England (06/12/2004/06/13/2004)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1959

>Kuhn, Max : Schiffern und Kapitänen von Albert Ehrismann, songs (6) for alto (or baritone) & piano
  • Performers: Jeanette Ager (Voice); Sophia Rahmann (Piano)
  • Notes: St Paul's Boy's School, Hammersmith, London, England (06/12/2004/06/13/2004)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Kuhn, Max : Die Einsame (Gedicht aus der Chinesischen Flöte von Hans Bethge), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Jeanette Ager (Voice); Sophia Rahmann (Piano)
  • Notes: St Paul's Boy's School, Hammersmith, London, England (06/12/2004/06/13/2004)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Kuhn, Max : Persisches Liebeslied (Der Entwurzelte) (Gedicht aus der Chinesischen Flöte von Hans Bethge), for vo
  • Performers: Jeanette Ager (Voice); Sophia Rahmann (Piano)
  • Notes: St Paul's Boy's School, Hammersmith, London, England (06/12/2004/06/13/2004)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Kuhn, Max : Die Macht der Schönheit (Nachdichtungen der Lieder des Hafis, Hans Bethge), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Jeanette Ager (Voice); Sophia Rahmann (Piano)
  • Notes: St Paul's Boy's School, Hammersmith, London, England (06/12/2004/06/13/2004)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Kuhn, Max : Bild der Freundin (Gedicht von R. G. Binding), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Jeanette Ager (Voice); Sophia Rahmann (Piano)
  • Notes: St Paul's Boy's School, Hammersmith, London, England (06/12/2004/06/13/2004)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Kuhn, Max : Lied der Drehorgelfrau (Text von A. Ehrismann), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Jeanette Ager (Voice); Sophia Rahmann (Piano)
  • Notes: St Paul's Boy's School, Hammersmith, London, England (06/12/2004/06/13/2004)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Kuhn, Max : Suite for solo oboe
  • Performer: John Anderson (Oboe)
  • Notes: St Paul's Boy's School, Hammersmith, London, England (06/12/2004/06/13/2004)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1965

>Kuhn, Max : Préludes (3), for piano
  • Performer: Sophia Rahmann (Piano)
  • Notes: St Paul's Boy's School, Hammersmith, London, England (06/12/2004/06/13/2004)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1976

>Kuhn, Max : Klavierstücke (3), for piano
  • Performer: Sophia Rahmann (Piano)
  • Notes: St Paul's Boy's School, Hammersmith, London, England (06/12/2004/06/13/2004)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1963