- Alfredo Colella (Bass)
- Veriano Luchetti (Tenor)
- Renzo Scorsoni (Baritone)
- Mietta Sighele (Soprano)
- Bianca Casoni (Mezzo Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
In later years Puccini himself disowned 'Edgar,' his second opera, referring to it as a "blunder," and yet even the least efforts of great composers usually have merits that are lacking in the best works of others. Today, 'Edgar' has more admirers than ever before, its long-neglected beauties appreciated as early flowerings of a beloved composer.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsPuccini, Giacomo : Edgar, opera
- Performers: Mietta Sighele (Soprano); Bianca Casoni (Mezzo Soprano); Alfredo Colella (Bass); Veriano Luchetti (Tenor); Renzo Scorsoni (Baritone)
- Conductor: Carlo Cillario
- Ensemble: Italian Radio Symphony Orchestra Turin
- Running Time: 5 min. 8 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1889
- Studio/Live: Live