- Amanda Roocroft (Soprano)
- Robert Lloyd (Bass)
- Giorgio Giuseppini (Bass)
- Dwayne Croft (Baritone)
- Jaako Ryhänan (Bass)
- Rolando Villazón (Tenor)
Notes & Reviews:
"This is a unique new production of the four-act Italian version of Don Carlo and by and large it works very well. The two-disc set includes some excellent backup material, especially the Introduction where each of the principals speak of the essential messages and interpretations they strive for.... The singing is very good, led by Mexican tenor Rolando Villazon, who has a powerful voice also capable of aching pianissimo... I recommend this new 'Don Carlo'..." - A.R.G.Notes & Reviews:
Run Time: 199 min.
Picture Format: NTSC, 16:9 anamorphic, Color
Sound Format(s): LPCM Stereo, DTS 5.1 Surround
Subtitles: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian
Country of Origin: Europe
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsVerdi, Giuseppe : Don Carlos
- Performers: Amanda Roocroft (Soprano); Rolando Villazón (Tenor); Jaako Ryhänan (Bass); Robert Lloyd (Bass); Giorgio Giuseppini (Bass); Dwayne Croft (Baritone)
- Conductor: Riccardo Chailly
- Ensemble: Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
- Running Time: 199 min. sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1867/1884
- Studio/Live: Live